Help modifying a file

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help modifying a file

drclong
Hi All, I have downloaded a model from thingiverse in open scad format that I want to modify. Unfortunately I only use fusion 360 and have no idea what I am doing in OSC. I have attempted to contact the model maker so I could pay him to do it to no avail. Would one of you kind people be ablt to do it for me? Thanks in advance :-)

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

|

Re: Help modifying a file

Msquare
what is the thingiverse link and what is the change you need(25 words or less ;-) )?

It might be trivial. If not, then you are wiser on perhaps another approach

Michael, fra mobilen

lør. 15. maj 2021 10.19 skrev drclong <[hidden email]>:
Hi All, I have downloaded a model from thingiverse in open scad format that I want to modify. Unfortunately I only use fusion 360 and have no idea what I am doing in OSC. I have attempted to contact the model maker so I could pay him to do it to no avail. Would one of you kind people be ablt to do it for me? Thanks in advance :-)

| M |
+--+
Reply | Threaded
|

drclong
Thankyou so much for the help.

OK. So I want this (which has perameters that can be altered simply in OSD and converted to .stl for printing) to have a parameter added to do the following:

Looking along the length of the orthotic, I want to be able to add an angle parameter to be able to tilt the foot up on the inside or up on the outside of the foot. Like the image below. Does that make sense?

Additionally, if possible, to look like the "Example_Left-Low-Heel.stl" in this thing.

Thanks very much.

|

MichaelAtOz
Administrator
This post was updated on .
To paraphrase, as the thing has a flat bottom you want the equivalent of an adjustable wedge on the
bottom.

Re 'look like the "Example_Left-Low-Heel.stl" ' you need to be a bit more specific than 'look'.

[minor edit - just testing editing function]
  _____  

Sent: Sun, 16 May 2021 11:44
To: discuss@lists.openscad.org
Subject: [OpenSCAD] Re: Help modifying a file

Thankyou so much for the help.

OK. So I want this <https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:47025>  (which has perameters that can be
altered simply in OSD and converted to .stl for printing) to have a parameter added to do the
following:

Looking along the length of the orthotic, I want to be able to add an angle parameter to be able to
tilt the foot up on the inside or up on the outside of the foot. Like the image below. Does that
make sense?

<http://forum.openscad.org/file/t3162/Capture.png

Additionally, if possible, to look like the "Example_Left-Low-Heel.stl" in this thing
<https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1625633/files> .

Thanks very much.

_____  

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing <http://forum.openscad.org/>  list archive at Nabble.com.

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

* on the Forum, click on my MichaelAtOz label, there is a link to email me.

Unless specifically shown otherwise above, my contribution is in the Public Domain;
to the extent possible under law, I have waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this work.
Obviously inclusion of works of previous authors is not included in the above.
Reply | Threaded
|

drclong
Adjustable wedge is correct. I would love to be able to just set each of the parameters including the angle of the wedge.

Sorry that was very vague. I would like it to be a full foot orthotic like the example I linked to, with the parameters of the adjustable wedge tapering the wedge to 0 deg about 2/3rds the way towards the toe end of the orthotic.

|

MichaelAtOz
Administrator

OK, got a prototype of the wedge bit, I'll refine it in a while.

Sorry, the second part is so full of assumptions that I'm sure any decent Cordwainer could do it with their eyes closed. That is before the question of fashion in footwear is to be considered, where did that Jester get to?

Also the example thing is copyright, Licensed as Non Commercial, so I'm not going to attempt to incorporate it.

If you would like me to make the toe-end some oversized generic shape that you could manually trim, like those inserts you buy from the chemist let me know.

Sent: Mon, 17 May 2021 10:36
To: [hidden email]

Adjustable wedge is correct. I would love to be able to just set each of the parameters including the angle of the wedge.

Sorry that was very vague. I would like it to be a full foot orthotic like the example I linked to, with the parameters of the adjustable wedge tapering the wedge to 0 deg about 2/3rds the way towards the toe end of the orthotic.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Unless specifically shown otherwise above, my contribution is in the Public Domain;
to the extent possible under law, I have waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this work.
Reply | Threaded
|

MichaelAtOz
Administrator

Chris,

BTW, I didn't pick up on your original post, the bit "to contact the model maker so I could pay him".

I do this stuff for the intellectual exercise, so I'll happily contribute my wedge bit when it's done.

If someone else wants to propose taking a commission on design of the "I would like it to be a full foot orthotic like the example" with the bother of working out how big a foot is and does it last, please speak up.

Chris, this Forum is not typically use for design commissions, but you never know your luck.

Sent: Mon, 17 May 2021 23:46
To: 'OpenSCAD general discussion'

Sorry, the second part is so full of assumptions that I'm sure any decent Cordwainer could do it with their eyes closed. That is before the question of fashion in footwear is to be considered, where did that Jester get to?

Also the example thing is copyright, Licensed as Non Commercial, so I'm not going to attempt to incorporate it.

If you would like me to make the toe-end some oversized generic shape that you could manually trim, like those inserts you buy from the chemist let me know.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Reply | Threaded
|

drclong
Hi Michael,

Yes I tried to message him to see if he would do the work. I can "tip him" but I would rather get in touch with him. Even tried google searching all the information I could gleen from the profile to no avail.

The full foot thing is not overly important but would be nice. Tapering the wedge down to the base of the toes (ie the front end of the "short original model) might be difficult. But like I said, I have no idea on OSC

I appreciate your efforts.

Kind regards,

Christopher Long
mob: +61 417 530 116

On Tue, 18 May 2021 at 00:19, MichaelAtOz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Chris,

BTW, I didn't pick up on your original post, the bit "to contact the model maker so I could pay him".

I do this stuff for the intellectual exercise, so I'll happily contribute my wedge bit when it's done.

If someone else wants to propose taking a commission on design of the "I would like it to be a full foot orthotic like the example" with the bother of working out how big a foot is and does it last, please speak up.

Chris, this Forum is not typically use for design commissions, but you never know your luck.

Sent: Mon, 17 May 2021 23:46
To: 'OpenSCAD general discussion'

Virus-free. www.avg.com