soda bottle caps

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

soda bottle caps

jon_bondy
Anyone play around with designing a cap for a soda bottle?  There is one
on Thingiverse, in OpenSCAD, which does not appear to be correct, and
which is done "by hand", rather than using the threading libraries that
are available.  The data I've found is daunting:

http://www.imajeenyus.com/mechanical/20120508_bottle_top_threads/28mm-ISBT-PCO-1881-Finish-3784253-17.pdf

https://cnocoutdoors.com/blogs/blog/lets-talk-about-threads

I'm working on taking air from a pressurized 2 L bottle to drive an air
turbine

Thanks!

Jon


_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: soda bottle caps

adrianv
Does this do what you want?

https://github.com/revarbat/BOSL2/wiki/bottlecaps.scad



--
Sent from: http://forum.openscad.org/

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: soda bottle caps

jon_bondy
Adrian:

Amazing!  I already had it on my computer but did not know it! Thanks!

Jon

On 4/19/2020 8:29 AM, adrianv wrote:
> Does this do what you want?
>
> https://github.com/revarbat/BOSL2/wiki/bottlecaps.scad
>
>

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: soda bottle caps

nophead
What is the reason for the gaps in the bottle thread?

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 at 13:39, jon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Adrian:

Amazing!  I already had it on my computer but did not know it! Thanks!

Jon

On 4/19/2020 8:29 AM, adrianv wrote:
> Does this do what you want?
>
> https://github.com/revarbat/BOSL2/wiki/bottlecaps.scad
>
>

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: soda bottle caps

jon_bondy

I believe it is to allow gas to escape slowly rather than all at once, or to reduce spray.  But I'm guessing.

On 4/19/2020 8:54 AM, nop head wrote:
What is the reason for the gaps in the bottle thread?

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020 at 13:39, jon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Adrian:

Amazing!  I already had it on my computer but did not know it! Thanks!

Jon

On 4/19/2020 8:29 AM, adrianv wrote:
> Does this do what you want?
>
> https://github.com/revarbat/BOSL2/wiki/bottlecaps.scad

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org