smooth 3-D curves

7 messages Options
smooth 3-D curves – I'm working on modelling mathematical knots. Some are expressible in closed form (like the trefoil ) but generally the path or paths are given as...
The simplest method would of course be to evaluate the curve functions with a denser set of parameters. Otherwise, to approximate the intermediate...
Here is a simple subdivision using the classic 4-point scheme: weight = [-1, 9, 9, -1] / 16; function interpolate(nodes) = nodes[0] * wei...
I have written several programs to do this, at varying levels of ambition, since the mid 1980's. All have been in either C or Java, not OpenSCAD...
In my post I did just that. But instead of getting analytical tangents, the tangents where approximated using a central difference (s[1]-s[-1]...
Thanks so much, thats just the ticket. I rearranged to eliminate the let and added a function to recursively apply the subdivision. weight...
Just a note to emphasise the power of the current OpenSCAD. I used the approach to creating closed tubes developed by NopHead to create knots fro...