customizer preset storage

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

customizer preset storage

khackbarth

Does anyone know where customizer presets are stored?

 

Thanks,

Ken


_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: customizer preset storage

kdtop
I don't understand your question.  What presets?

Kevin

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 5:57 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

Does anyone know where customizer presets are stored?

 

Thanks,

Ken

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: customizer preset storage

MichaelPFrey
In reply to this post by khackbarth
Hi Ken,

On 14.11.18 23:56, [hidden email] wrote:

Does anyone know where customizer presets are stored?

When you talk about the customizer build in to the development snapshots of openscad it self:

OpenSCAD takes the file name and replaces the .scad file ending with .json and stores the presets it in that json file.

So: C:\user\myDesign.scad has its presets stored in C:\user\myDesign.json

It is the same with the examples that ship with openscad that have presets.

You can easily read the json with any text editor.

When you save your design with a different name (e.g. d:\backup\test.scad), in theory it should also save the preset under the new name (e.g. d:\backup\test.json),. (but I have not tested that in a long time. It would be a bug if it does not, but things can break during refactoring)

With kind regards,

Michael Frey


_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: customizer preset storage

kdtop
OK, thanks


On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 11:18 PM Michael Frey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ken,

On 14.11.18 23:56, [hidden email] wrote:

Does anyone know where customizer presets are stored?

When you talk about the customizer build in to the development snapshots of openscad it self:

OpenSCAD takes the file name and replaces the .scad file ending with .json and stores the presets it in that json file.

So: C:\user\myDesign.scad has its presets stored in C:\user\myDesign.json

It is the same with the examples that ship with openscad that have presets.

You can easily read the json with any text editor.

When you save your design with a different name (e.g. d:\backup\test.scad), in theory it should also save the preset under the new name (e.g. d:\backup\test.json),. (but I have not tested that in a long time. It would be a bug if it does not, but things can break during refactoring)

With kind regards,

Michael Frey

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: customizer preset storage

William Adams-2
Also, you can save multiple settings / versions of settings under different names --- I worked up the code for parsing this in lualatex/metapost if it would help.

William

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 8:51 AM Kevin Toppenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK, thanks


On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 11:18 PM Michael Frey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ken,

On 14.11.18 23:56, [hidden email] wrote:

Does anyone know where customizer presets are stored?

When you talk about the customizer build in to the development snapshots of openscad it self:

OpenSCAD takes the file name and replaces the .scad file ending with .json and stores the presets it in that json file.

So: C:\user\myDesign.scad has its presets stored in C:\user\myDesign.json

It is the same with the examples that ship with openscad that have presets.

You can easily read the json with any text editor.

When you save your design with a different name (e.g. d:\backup\test.scad), in theory it should also save the preset under the new name (e.g. d:\backup\test.json),. (but I have not tested that in a long time. It would be a bug if it does not, but things can break during refactoring)

With kind regards,

Michael Frey

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org