classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

console improvements

Gordon Wrigley
Hi

I would be nice to get a couple of console improvements, these 3 spring to mind (in order of how difficult I imagine they will be):

Color the warning, error and echo lines so they stand out from the informational output.
Add filenames and line numbers to the warning, error and echo lines.
Support clicking on the, to jump to the relevant line of code.

Not entirely sure about including the echo lines, maybe that should be optional.

Unfortunately I'm travelling for work at the moment, otherwise I'd go digging in the code myself.

G
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: console improvements

Stuart Young

If this gets added, please default to no colour, and put this behind a cmd line switch (such as ls does with --color).

I would not want colour codes embedded in redirected output (especially on windows which I do not think can easily tell if it is redirected) and would rely on ansi colour sequences to get coloured text.

--
Cef

On Feb 15, 2012 5:05 AM, "Gordon Wrigley" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I would be nice to get a couple of console improvements, these 3 spring to mind (in order of how difficult I imagine they will be):

Color the warning, error and echo lines so they stand out from the informational output.

Not entirely sure about including the echo lines, maybe that should be optional.

Unfortunately I'm travelling for work at the moment, otherwise I'd go digging in the code myself.

G

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: console improvements

Gordon Wrigley
I was referring to the console window in the GUI, not the command line output.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Stuart Young <[hidden email]> wrote:

If this gets added, please default to no colour, and put this behind a cmd line switch (such as ls does with --color).

I would not want colour codes embedded in redirected output (especially on windows which I do not think can easily tell if it is redirected) and would rely on ansi colour sequences to get coloured text.

--
Cef

On Feb 15, 2012 5:05 AM, "Gordon Wrigley" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

G