Win32 build

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Win32 build

stonysmith
> This is a known problem - see the discussion about rendering a "horn torus".
> If you change the intersected torus in your model from
> rotate_extrude(center=true)translate([w,0,0])scale([1,h/w,1])circle(r=w,$fn=64);
> to
> rotate_extrude(center=true)translate([w+0.1,0,0])scale([1,h/w,1])circle(r=w,$fn=64);
> ..it should work.
> One day I'll try fixing this properly, but right now I'm afraid I'd break more than I fix if I try to deal with it : /
>  -Marius

Sorry for that.. I had missed the earlier discussion. The model in question worked in 2010.05, so I thought it was a new problem.

>> Failed to open file: C:/C:/Users/Stony/Desktop/x.scad (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.)
>>
>Does this work correctly with the official binary?

Ah.. it fails also in 2011.06. I thought I was sure that I had done this before.

Thanks so much for your help!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Win32 build

kintel
Administrator
On Sep 27, 2011, at 22:56 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Ah.. it fails also in 2011.06. I thought I was sure that I had done this before.
>
Thanks - I think I found the problem - fix applied to master. I don't have a Windows setup to test though.

-Marius

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Win32 build

Brad Pitcher

I packaged up a windows build with the fix. I didn't get a chance to test that bug but I did notice that example 21 causes an assertion error. I'll post a screenshot later.

https://github.com/downloads/brad/openscad/openscad-2011.09.27.win32.zip

On Sep 27, 2011 2:22 PM, "Marius Kintel" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sep 27, 2011, at 22:56 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Ah.. it fails also in 2011.06. I thought I was sure that I had done this before.
>>
> Thanks - I think I found the problem - fix applied to master. I don't have a Windows setup to test though.
>
> -Marius
>
> _______________________________________________
> OpenSCAD mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://rocklinux.net/mailman/listinfo/openscad