Two annoyances

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
30 messages Options
Two annoyances – I keep trying to cut the bottom off of this horn (both inside the Horn module, and when it is called at the bottom) with no joy. Puzzled. I'm...
That could be a bug. If you increase the Edit/Preference/Advanced/TurnOffRenderingAt setting to 400000 it goes away. Interesting observation, ...
I increased the TurnOffRenderingAt to 400,000 and the difference still fails (Windows 64); not sure what you meant by "it goes away". ...
Do you still get the Warning msg? If so make the setting bigger. Ahh! I changed the step number in the for() loops to 3, to cut down on the...
With your original design, I had to go to 3,000,000 for it to work. OpenSCAD was extreeeeemly unresponsive. Not going to try F6 ;)
Any idea why the difference() is unable to chop off the bottom? On 6/29/2015 7:01 PM, MichaelAtOz wrote: > With your original design, I had to...
I'm not sure of the what's happening internally when the normalisation is aborted. That may be the bug, or a limitation.? But when the Warning ...
This is a bit more manageable // based on horns design by Jon Bondy // http://forum.openscad.org/Two-annoyances-td12935.html // // Modifi...
Michael: I got cute, and had the horns go up and then down. This is the result. Any hints about how to orient the cylinders so that they ar...
Yeh, I had noted that too, very annoying. I suspect the refresh is under Qt control. You need to keep you mouse cursor out of the display win...
I have been keeping my cursor out of the display window, but even so, the thing redraws perhaps 5 times before anything useful appears. So I si...
Why do you want so many triangles, anyway? What is the resolution you need in the end? ‚Äč I dont have your code, but it looks to me, that yo...
sweep – I think that one reason I avoid Sweep is because there is no documentation that I can find, and the code has no comments at all. It may be obv...
On Jul 4, 2015, at 21:17 PM, jon <jon@...> wrote: > I think that one reason I avoid Sweep is because there is no documentation that I ...
Re: Sweep – >> in sweep-path, a function f() is defined, which appears to define a path >> through 3D space. Why does the shape rotate as it is s...
About the issue of twisting during sweeping: The way I approach this is not to calc points independently, but calc them by projecting points o...
Crickets? Really? On 7/4/2015 3:17 PM, jon wrote: > I think that one reason I avoid Sweep is because there is no > documentation that...
> there is no documentation It is a user space function, not part of OpenSCAD. Hopefully the author may be listening... > It may be o...
Michael: Thanks for trying. Glad I'm not the only one who does not understand everything! Jon On 7/8/2015 6:02 PM, MichaelAtOz wrote: >>...
With my program the shapes are always placed normal to the path. Just give me the math you used for the path. 2015-07-02 5:00 GMT+02:00 Mich...
Peter: As much as I appreciate your approach, it turned out that I needed the approach that subtracted an InnerHorn from the InnerHorn, in or...
Peter: Apologies. I read your code more thoroughly, and it does do the difference() that I require. And it has the shapes consistently norm...
Michael: This approach is working very well for me. After pulling the sin/cos function out of your code, I now have a flexible way to create a ...
Here is a way to make a horn by moving a circle along the winded horn path. This uses chain hull. It has a comparable resolution, but has less t...
Peter: Wow! Under 1 second for F5 on my machine, and resulting in an object that is easily viewable. Kudos. I gather that this is a fram...
Sure, go right ahead. As I understood it, it allows just that. _______________________________________________ OpenSCAD mailing list Discuss@...
F6 takes 12 min. 2015-06-30 12:22 GMT+02:00 Peter Falke <stempeldergeschichte@...> : > Here is a way to make a horn by moving a ci...
I wonder if the community would benefit from some general purpose tube/horn facility that was customizable. I realize that Kit Wallace's stuff ...
p.s. Nice horn design, can I use it?
Thanks! Sure! Seemed pretty obvious to me... <grin> On 6/29/2015 6:00 PM, MichaelAtOz wrote: > p.s. Nice horn design, can I use it? &g...