Release schedules

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Release schedules

QuackingPlums
Am I correct in understanding that the 2014.QX milestone is the next scheduled release, and that the list of open issues under this milestone on github are the only ones expected to make it into the release?

How do the other active branches relate to the next release? Are they long-running feature branches for future functionality or will they get merged in if they are ready, and thus appear in future development snapshots?

I'm just wondering how best to find out if issues I discover are being fixed already and if so, when they should appear in a stable/snapshot release.

TIA
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Release schedules

kintel
Administrator
\On Nov 9, 2014, at 14:31 PM, QuackingPlums <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am I correct in understanding that the 2014.QX milestone is the next
> scheduled release, and that the list of open issues under this milestone on
> github are the only ones expected to make it into the release?
>
More or less, yes. We haven’t made a final decision on what to include, but just started the freeze process. It will become more clear in the coming weeks.

> How do the other active branches relate to the next release? Are they
> long-running feature branches for future functionality or will they get
> merged in if they are ready, and thus appear in future development
> snapshots?
>
What is not included in the upcoming release will likely be merge to master sometime after the release.
Some branches run longer than others. We’re trying to merge earlier than before by tagging included features as experimental, but it sometimes takes a bit of time to get things mergeable.
The feature branches tend to add features though, not fix bugs, so if you encounter any bugs not mentioned in the issue tracker, please report it.

 -Marius

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://rocklinux.net/mailman/listinfo/openscad
http://openscad.org - https://flattr.com/thing/121566
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Release schedules

Qbert
oh boy oh boy oh boy!  new stuff in OpenSCAD!  yay!

Les



> On Nov 9, 2014, at 1:52 PM, Marius Kintel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> \On Nov 9, 2014, at 14:31 PM, QuackingPlums <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Am I correct in understanding that the 2014.QX milestone is the next
>> scheduled release, and that the list of open issues under this milestone on
>> github are the only ones expected to make it into the release?
>>
> More or less, yes. We haven’t made a final decision on what to include, but just started the freeze process. It will become more clear in the coming weeks.
>
>> How do the other active branches relate to the next release? Are they
>> long-running feature branches for future functionality or will they get
>> merged in if they are ready, and thus appear in future development
>> snapshots?
>>
> What is not included in the upcoming release will likely be merge to master sometime after the release.
> Some branches run longer than others. We’re trying to merge earlier than before by tagging included features as experimental, but it sometimes takes a bit of time to get things mergeable.
> The feature branches tend to add features though, not fix bugs, so if you encounter any bugs not mentioned in the issue tracker, please report it.
>
> -Marius
>
> _______________________________________________
> OpenSCAD mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://rocklinux.net/mailman/listinfo/openscad
> http://openscad.org - https://flattr.com/thing/121566

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://rocklinux.net/mailman/listinfo/openscad
http://openscad.org - https://flattr.com/thing/121566