Registration & Subscription Info (The Forum & the Mailing-list - working hand in hand)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Locked 1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Registration & Subscription Info (The Forum & the Mailing-list - working hand in hand)

MichaelAtOz
Administrator
This post was updated on .

How it works

There is the Forum (this - hosted by Nabble.com) and the Mailing-list, two separate things, but they work together.

Forum posts get sent to the Mailing-list, many people only view posts this way.
Mailing-list emails, as well as getting sent to all subscribers, get tuned into posts on the Forum.

Once registered & subscribed you can either post on the forum and/or send emails to the mailing list.

Registering & Subscribing

To post on the Forum you need to be registered*, and you need to be subscribed to the mailing-list.
*there may be a pop-up Nabble ad, this is normal, see the footer to disable ads.

After subscribing  you need to CLICK THE LINK in the confirmation email (check your spam folder).
(if your Forum posts are flagged "NOT accepted", you have not successfully subscribed)

Due to an increase in SPAM, you need to be granted Membership before you can Post to the Forum.

After Registering click HERE, to request access, an Admin may then complete your Membership. The Admin will PM you to confirm your membership.

Settings

Forum account setting can be changed by clicking on your username in the top right corner.

You can change your Mailing-list settings here.

If you just like browsing the Forum, you can disable Mailing-list delivery ; another option is a daily(ish) email digest of the days messages.
Note: if you wish to continue on the Forum, do not unsubscribe from the Mailing-list, remember the Mailing-list is how your Forum posts get sent to everyone else to read.

MichaelAtOz
Forum Admin

p.s. There is also the Mailing-list Archive

Admin - PM me if you need anything,
or if I've done something stupid...

Unless specifically shown otherwise above, my contribution is in the Public Domain; to the extent possible under law, I have waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this work.
Obviously inclusion of works of previous authors is not included in the above.

The TPP is no simple “trade agreement.” Fight it! http://www.ourfairdeal.org/ time is running out!