Problem building prerequisites for OpenSCAD on mac

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Problem building prerequisites for OpenSCAD on mac

alan412
I just did a git clone and I ran ./scripts/macosx-build-dependencies.sh   (after I ran source setenv_mac-qt5.sh)

It goes for a long time building all of QT, then it gives me this error:
yarr/YarrPattern.cpp:39:10: fatal error: 'RegExpJitTables.h' file not found

Any suggestions on what this means is wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Alan

More details from last command:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -c -pipe -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-c++0x-extensions -O3 -fPIC -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fno-exceptions -MMD -DQT_NO_MTDEV -DQT_NO_LIBUDEV -DQT_NO_EVDEV -D__ASSERT_MACROS_DEFINE_VERSIONS_WITHOUT_UNDERSCORES=0 -DBUILDING_QT__=1 -DNDEBUG -DENABLE_3D_RENDERING=1 -DENABLE_BLOB=1 -DENABLE_CANVAS_PATH=1 -DENABLE_CHANNEL_MESSAGING=1 -DENABLE_CSS_BOX_DECORATION_BREAK=1 -DENABLE_CSS_COMPOSITING=1 -DENABLE_CSS_EXCLUSIONS=1 -DENABLE_CSS_FILTERS=1 -DENABLE_CSS_IMAGE_SET=1 -DENABLE_CSS_REGIONS=1 -DENABLE_CSS_SHAPES=1 -DENABLE_CSS_STICKY_POSITION=1 -DENABLE_CSS_TRANSFORMS_ANIMATIONS_UNPREFIXED=1 -DENABLE_DATALIST_ELEMENT=1 -DENABLE_DETAILS_ELEMENT=1 -DENABLE_DEVICE_ORIENTATION=1 -DENABLE_DOWNLOAD_ATTRIBUTE=1 -DENABLE_FAST_MOBILE_SCROLLING=1 -DENABLE_FILTERS=1 -DENABLE_FTPDIR=1 -DENABLE_FULLSCREEN_API=1 -DENABLE_GEOLOCATION=1 -DENABLE_GESTURE_EVENTS=1 -DENABLE_ICONDATABASE=1 -DENABLE_IFRAME_SEAMLESS=1 -DENABLE_INDEXED_DATABASE=1 -DENABLE_INPUT_TYPE_COLOR=1 -DENABLE_INSPECTOR=1 -DENABLE_INSPECTOR_SERVER=1 -DENABLE_JAVASCRIPT_DEBUGGER=1 -DENABLE_LEGACY_NOTIFICATIONS=1 -DENABLE_LEGACY_VIEWPORT_ADAPTION=1 -DENABLE_LEGACY_VENDOR_PREFIXES=1 -DENABLE_LEGACY_WEB_AUDIO=1 -DENABLE_LINK_PREFETCH=1 -DENABLE_METER_ELEMENT=1 -DENABLE_MHTML=1 -DENABLE_NOTIFICATIONS=1 -DENABLE_ORIENTATION_EVENTS=1 -DENABLE_PAGE_VISIBILITY_API=1 -DENABLE_PROGRESS_ELEMENT=1 -DENABLE_RESOLUTION_MEDIA_QUERY=1 -DENABLE_REQUEST_ANIMATION_FRAME=1 -DENABLE_SHARED_WORKERS=1 -DENABLE_SMOOTH_SCROLLING=1 -DENABLE_SQL_DATABASE=1 -DENABLE_SUBPIXEL_LAYOUT=1 -DENABLE_SVG=1 -DENABLE_SVG_FONTS=1 -DENABLE_TOUCH_ADJUSTMENT=1 -DENABLE_TOUCH_EVENTS=1 -DENABLE_VIDEO_TRACK=1 -DENABLE_VIEW_MODE_CSS_MEDIA=1 -DENABLE_WEB_SOCKETS=1 -DENABLE_WEB_TIMING=1 -DENABLE_WORKERS=1 -DENABLE_XHR_TIMEOUT=1 -DWTF_USE_TILED_BACKING_STORE=1 -DWTF_USE_CROSS_PLATFORM_CONTEXT_MENUS=1 -DHAVE_QTQUICK=1 -DHAVE_QTPRINTSUPPORT=1 -DHAVE_QSTYLE=1 -DHAVE_QTTESTLIB=1 -DHAVE_QTPOSITIONING=1 -DHAVE_QTSENSORS=1 -DWTF_USE_LIBXML2=1 -DENABLE_XSLT=1 -DWTF_USE_ZLIB=1 -DENABLE_NETSCAPE_PLUGIN_API=1 -DPLUGIN_ARCHITECTURE_UNSUPPORTED=1 -DWTF_USE_3D_GRAPHICS=1 -DENABLE_WEBGL=1 -DENABLE_VIDEO=1 -DWTF_USE_QT_MULTIMEDIA=1 -DHAVE_SQLITE3=1 -DWTF_USE_GRAPHICS_SURFACE=1 -DENABLE_TOUCH_SLIDER=1 -DWTF_USE_LEVELDB=1 -DHAVE_QTTESTSUPPORT=1 -DENABLE_ACCELERATED_2D_CANVAS=0 -DENABLE_BATTERY_STATUS=0 -DENABLE_CANVAS_PROXY=0 -DENABLE_CSP_NEXT=0 -DENABLE_CSS_GRID_LAYOUT=0 -DENABLE_CSS_HIERARCHIES=0 -DENABLE_CSS_IMAGE_ORIENTATION=0 -DENABLE_CSS_IMAGE_RESOLUTION=0 -DENABLE_CSS_SHADERS=0 -DENABLE_CSS_VARIABLES=0 -DENABLE_CSS3_CONDITIONAL_RULES=0 -DENABLE_CSS3_TEXT=0 -DENABLE_CSS3_TEXT_LINE_BREAK=0 -DENABLE_DASHBOARD_SUPPORT=0 -DENABLE_DATAGRID=0 -DENABLE_DATA_TRANSFER_ITEMS=0 -DENABLE_DIRECTORY_UPLOAD=0 -DENABLE_FILE_SYSTEM=0 -DENABLE_FONT_LOAD_EVENTS=0 -DENABLE_GAMEPAD=0 -DENABLE_HIGH_DPI_CANVAS=0 -DENABLE_INPUT_SPEECH=0 -DENABLE_INPUT_TYPE_DATE=0 -DENABLE_INPUT_TYPE_DATETIME_INCOMPLETE=0 -DENABLE_INPUT_TYPE_DATETIMELOCAL=0 -DENABLE_INPUT_TYPE_MONTH=0 -DENABLE_INPUT_TYPE_TIME=0 -DENABLE_INPUT_TYPE_WEEK=0 -DENABLE_LEGACY_CSS_VENDOR_PREFIXES=0 -DENABLE_MATHML=0 -DENABLE_MEDIA_SOURCE=0 -DENABLE_MEDIA_STATISTICS=0 -DENABLE_MEDIA_STREAM=0 -DENABLE_MICRODATA=0 -DENABLE_MOUSE_CURSOR_SCALE=0 -DENABLE_NAVIGATOR_CONTENT_UTILS=0 -DENABLE_NETWORK_INFO=0 -DENABLE_NOSNIFF=0 -DENABLE_PROXIMITY_EVENTS=0 -DENABLE_QUOTA=0 -DENABLE_RESOURCE_TIMING=0 -DENABLE_SCRIPTED_SPEECH=0 -DENABLE_SECCOMP_FILTERS=0 -DENABLE_SHADOW_DOM=0 -DENABLE_STYLE_SCOPED=0 -DENABLE_TEMPLATE_ELEMENT=0 -DENABLE_TEXT_AUTOSIZING=0 -DENABLE_THREADED_HTML_PARSER=0 -DENABLE_TOUCH_ICON_LOADING=0 -DENABLE_USER_TIMING=0 -DENABLE_VIBRATION=0 -DENABLE_WEB_AUDIO=0 -DSTATICALLY_LINKED_WITH_WTF -DBUILDING_JavaScriptCore -DBUILDING_WEBKIT -DQT_ASCII_CAST_WARNINGS -DQT_NO_EXCEPTIONS -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/Users/alan/Projects/libraries/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.3.0/qtbase/mkspecs/macx-clang -I. -I../WTF/icu -I. -I../../Source -I../WTF -Iassembler -Ibytecode -Ibytecompiler -Iheap -Idfg -Idebugger -Idisassembler -Iinterpreter -Ijit -Illint -Iparser -Iprofiler -Iruntime -Itools -Iyarr -IAPI -IForwardingHeaders -Igenerated -I/Users/alan/Projects/libraries/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.3.0/qtwebkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/generated/LLIntOffsetsExtractor -I/Users/alan/Projects/libraries/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.3.0/qtwebkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/generated/release -I../../Source -I/Users/alan/Projects/libraries/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.3.0/qtwebkit/Source/include -I../WTF -I/Users/alan/Projects/libraries/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.3.0/qtbase/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/Headers -I.moc -F/Users/alan/Projects/libraries/src/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.3.0/qtbase/lib -o .obj/API/JSCallbackFunction.o API/JSCallbackFunction.cpp
tp3
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Problem building prerequisites for OpenSCAD on mac

tp3
alan412 wrote
It goes for a long time building all of QT, then it gives me this error:
yarr/YarrPattern.cpp:39:10: fatal error: 'RegExpJitTables.h' file not found
It looks like we hit a problem with parallel builds in the Qt build system there.

Can you try removing the "-j6" from line 129 of macosx-build-dependencies.sh (at the end of the build_qt5 function)?
-- Torsten
Reply | Threaded
|

alan412
Removed -j6 from line 129 so it now looks like:
make install

Same problem.  :-(

tp3
Reply | Threaded
|

tp3
alan412 wrote
Removed -j6 from line 129 so it now looks like:
make install

Same problem.  :-(
Hmm, strange, so maybe the problem is even more obscure. What I actually did when I had the problem was to manually go into the source folder and just run "make install" again. With that it finished without error. The only problem then is that the build script would delete Qt and try to build from scratch.

Maybe just add a second "make install" and see if that runs through?

Looks like Qt 5.3.1 is released, I'll check how that behaves...

-- Torsten
Reply | Threaded
|

alan412
There are a lot of options in the configure call for build_qt function (that isn't called anymore) that didn't make it into the build_qt5 function.  
I am going to kick this off with the options in the build_qt and see if it works.
I am also modifying the script so it doesn't do an rm -rf and then untar it again.   This should be equivalent to your changing into that directory and kicking it off.

--Alan
Reply | Threaded
|

alan412
I should have tried it before I posted.  It turns out that the other options are no longer supported.
I kicked it off a second time and got the same error.

I changed the script to pull down qt 5.3.1 and it is going now.   I'll let you know how it goes.  

--Alan
Reply | Threaded
|

Oskar
On Mac, a much easier method is to install all dependencies using Homebrew (http://brew.sh) and then just run qmake and make. Since Homebrew has prebuilt binaries for most common packages, there is no need to spend hours compiling Qt.
Reply | Threaded
|

alan412
In reply to this post by alan412
With 5.3.1 I got a different error.  
ld: library not found for -lqtharfbuzzng
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[3]: *** [../../lib/QtGui.framework/QtGui] Error 1
make[2]: *** [sub-gui-install_subtargets] Error 2
make[1]: *** [sub-src-install_subtargets] Error 2
make: *** [module-qtbase-install_subtargets] Error 2
openscad/$

I am building on 10.9.4, and I am beginning to wonder if there is something else old I have.

hmmm....

--Alan
Reply | Threaded
|

alan412
I am not proud of this, but I gave up and just pulled everything from homebrew.  I have now built openscad and am in good shape.

Thanks for the help!

--Alan
tp3
Reply | Threaded
|

tp3
I've updated the MacOS X dependency build script which now uses Qt 5.3.1 and disables lots of modules, so it's 30minutes on my old mid 2009 dual core MacBookPro.

-- Torsten