12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OpenSCAD release: 2011.12

kintel
Administrator
Dear OpenSCAD users and developers,

I've just released OpenSCAD 2011.12. The source package as well as the Mac OS X binaries can be downloaded from http://openscad.org. Binaries for Linux and Windows will appear when the package managers get them built and tested.

This release of OpenSCAD has taken a lot of time to get out the door, primarily due to the backend being refactored to facilitate further development and the introduction of a regression test framework. The combination of these should make it possible to do more rapid releases in the future.

Thanks a lot to all contributors!

Summary of changes in this release:

Features:
o The MCAD library is now bundled with OpenSCAD
o Added len() function. Takes one vector or string parameter and returns its length.
o The index operator [] now works on strings
o The version() function will return the OpenSCAD version as a vector, e.g. [2011, 09]
o The version_num() function will return the OpenSCAD version as a number, e.g. 20110923
o hull() Now supports 3D objects
o hull() with 2D object can now use for loops and boolean operations as children
o New import() statement reads the correct file format based on the filename extension
  (.stl, .dxf and .off is supported)
o The color() statement now supports an alpha parameter, e.g. color(c=[1,0,0], alpha=0.4)
o The color() statement now supports specifying colors as strings, e.g. color("Red")
o The color() statement now overrides colors specified further down in the tree
o if()/else() and the ternary operator can now take any value type as parameter. false, 0, empty string and empty vector or illegal value type will evaluate as false, everything else as true.
o Strings can now be lexographically compared using the <, <=, >, >= operators
o Added PI constant.
o Number literals in scientific notation are now accepted by the parser
o Added import and export of the OFF file format
o Now uses standard shortcuts for save, reload and quit on Linux and Windows. F2/F3 will still work but is deprecated.

Bugfixes:
o Complex CSG models sometimes took extremely long time to normalize before OpenCSG preview
o square() crashed if any of the dimensions were zero
o Flush Caches didn't flush cached USE'd modules
o STL export should be a bit more robust
o Dropping a file into the editor under Windows didn't work (double C:/C:/ problem)
o On some platforms it was possible to insertion rich text in the editor, causing confusion.
o Less crashes due to CGAL assertions
o OpenCSG should now work on systems with OpenGL 1.x, given that the right extensions are available
o include now searches librarydir
o The $fs parameter yielded only half the number of segments it should have
o surface(center=true) is now correctly centered in the XY plane

Deprecations:
o dxf_linear_extrude() and dxf_rotate_extrude() are now deprecated.
  Use linear_extrude() and rotate_extrude() instead.
o The file, layer, origin and scale parameters to linear_extrude() and rotate_extrude()
  are now deprecated. Use an import() child instead.
o import_dxf(), import_stl() and import_off() are now deprecated. Use import() instead.
o When exporting geometry from the cmd-line, use the universal -o option. It will export to the correct file format based on the given suffix (dxf, stl, off). The -x and -s parameters are still working but deprecated.
o F2 and F3 for Save and Reload is now deprecated

Have fun,

-Marius

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: OpenSCAD release: 2011.12

tbuser
It appears the OSX dmg is missing MCAD.  The Contents/Resources/libraries/MCAD directory is empty.

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Marius Kintel <[hidden email]> wrote:
o The MCAD library is now bundled with OpenSCAD

Reply | Threaded
|

kintel
Administrator
On Dec 30, 2011, at 06:55 AM, Tony Buser wrote:

> It appears the OSX dmg is missing MCAD.  The Contents/Resources/libraries/MCAD directory is empty.
>
Oh, looks like some packaging script bugs crept into the release build. I'll take a look at it.

-Marius

Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Dicks
In reply to this post by kintel
On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Marius Kintel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear OpenSCAD users and developers,
>
> I've just released OpenSCAD 2011.12. The source package as well as the Mac OS X binaries can be downloaded from http://openscad.org. Binaries for Linux and Windows will appear when the package managers get them built and tested.

It's been a month... is anyone working on Linux packages?  I'd like to
play with hulls but my version (20110930) is complaining at me.

I have the knowledge to build from source but would prefer to spend my
energy using it rather than setting up a build environment if
possible.

Thanks,

-ethan

Reply | Threaded
|

donbright
On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Ethan Dicks <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Marius Kintel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear OpenSCAD users and developers,
>>
>> I've just released OpenSCAD 2011.12. The source package as well as the Mac OS X binaries can be downloaded from http://openscad.org. Binaries for Linux and Windows will appear when the package managers get them built and tested.
>
> It's been a month... is anyone working on Linux packages?  I'd like to
> play with hulls but my version (20110930) is complaining at me.
>
> I have the knowledge to build from source but would prefer to spend my
> energy using it rather than setting up a build environment if
> possible.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -ethan
> _______________________________________________
> OpenSCAD mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://rocklinux.net/mailman/listinfo/openscad

How does one build a linux package? Is it sufficient to statically
link all of the dependency libraries? How do linux games build their
distributions?

How were the linux packages built in the past?

-DB

Reply | Threaded
|

Triffid Hunter
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:25 AM, Don Bright <[hidden email]> wrote:
How does one build a linux package?

depends on distribution.

I have gentoo ebuilds for openscad and opencsg if you're interested, can't speak for other distributions

Is it sufficient to statically
link all of the dependency libraries?

no! please don't!

the various package managers have ways of specifying dependencies, use them.

That way we don't end up with hundreds of slightly different copies of the same library scattered all over the place like windows. 

How do linux games build their
distributions?

some of them include libraries, but invariably bugs are found in the libraries, and we end up removing the provided ones and linking to far more up-to-date system libraries.

some of them are statically compiled, which is hugely problematic when the statically linked libraries turn out to have bugs or become obsolete.

The best ones use system libraries that are pulled in by the package manager as dependencies.

Reply | Threaded
|

donbright
it seems like a problem is that OpenCSG 1.3.2 was released in about
december of 2011 , and most distros will not have a package of that
available. CGAL 3.9 also fixes bugs vs older versions of CGAL. what is
the solution there? do you package up the up-to-date dependency
libraries as well and offer them alongside the package of your
program?

-DB

Reply | Threaded
|

Triffid Hunter
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Don Bright <[hidden email]> wrote:
it seems like a problem is that OpenCSG 1.3.2 was released in about
december of 2011 , and most distros will not have a package of that
available. CGAL 3.9 also fixes bugs vs older versions of CGAL. what is
the solution there? do you package up the up-to-date dependency
libraries as well and offer them alongside the package of your
program?

It is a conundrum. I think the technically correct method is to require the newer version, and contact the person who maintains that package in that distribution asking them to create an updated package.

This gets a bit unwieldy for the users however, so it may be worth creating the packages yourself based on how the distro maintainer has done it in the past, then contacting them with any changes that were necessary - ie send a patch. Then, make your packaged library available via the same channel as the main application, with a note that it should appear in their distro's repository in the future.

As far as I understand, this is how the numerous ubuntu 3rd party repositories do things, and I suspect most of the users who have trouble with package versions will be using ubuntu or similar.
Reply | Threaded
|

W. Craig Trader
Sorry if this is a bit late -- work has been a serious time suck this month.

With that in mind, are you interested in build warnings on 64-bit Linux (specifically Ubuntu 11.10)?  When I build from git (5056de8d1ce8bd6247604ff6523cc4894ec7de4e), I see the following warnings/errors:

/usr/bin/uic-qt4 src/Preferences.ui -o objects/ui_Preferences.h
src/Preferences.ui: Warning: Z-order assignment: '' is not a valid widget.
src/Preferences.ui: Warning: Z-order assignment: '' is not a valid widget.

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -frounding-math -DEIGEN_DONT_ALIGN -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_WEBKIT -DOPENSCAD_VERSION=2012.02.02 -DOPENSCAD_YEAR=2012.0 -DOPENSCAD_MONTH=02.0 -DOPENSCAD_DAY=02.0 -DDEBUG -DUSE_PROGRESSWIDGET -DENABLE_CGAL -DENABLE_OPENCSG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/eigen2 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -I/usr/X11R6/include -Iobjects -Iobjects -o objects/handle_dep.o src/handle_dep.cc
src/handle_dep.cc: In function ‘void handle_dep(const string&)’:
src/handle_dep.cc:27:28: warning: ignoring return value of ‘int system(const char*)’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -frounding-math -DEIGEN_DONT_ALIGN -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_WEBKIT -DOPENSCAD_VERSION=2012.02.02 -DOPENSCAD_YEAR=2012.0 -DOPENSCAD_MONTH=02.0 -DOPENSCAD_DAY=02.0 -DDEBUG -DUSE_PROGRESSWIDGET -DENABLE_CGAL -DENABLE_OPENCSG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/eigen2 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -I/usr/X11R6/include -Iobjects -Iobjects -o objects/expr.o src/expr.cc
src/expr.cc: In member function ‘Value Expression::evaluate(const Context*) const’:
src/expr.cc:90:35: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -frounding-math -DEIGEN_DONT_ALIGN -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_WEBKIT -DOPENSCAD_VERSION=2012.02.02 -DOPENSCAD_YEAR=2012.0 -DOPENSCAD_MONTH=02.0 -DOPENSCAD_DAY=02.0 -DDEBUG -DUSE_PROGRESSWIDGET -DENABLE_CGAL -DENABLE_OPENCSG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/eigen2 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -I/usr/X11R6/include -Iobjects -Iobjects -o objects/csgtermnormalizer.o src/csgtermnormalizer.cc
src/csgtermnormalizer.cc: In member function ‘boost::shared_ptr<CSGTerm> CSGTermNormalizer::normalize(const boost::shared_ptr<CSGTerm>&, size_t)’:
src/csgtermnormalizer.cc:22:13: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -frounding-math -DEIGEN_DONT_ALIGN -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_WEBKIT -DOPENSCAD_VERSION=2012.02.02 -DOPENSCAD_YEAR=2012.0 -DOPENSCAD_MONTH=02.0 -DOPENSCAD_DAY=02.0 -DDEBUG -DUSE_PROGRESSWIDGET -DENABLE_CGAL -DENABLE_OPENCSG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/eigen2 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -I/usr/X11R6/include -Iobjects -Iobjects -o objects/transform.o src/transform.cc
/usr/include/eigen2/Eigen/src/Geometry/Quaternion.h: In member function ‘virtual AbstractNode* TransformModule::evaluate(const Context*, const ModuleInstantiation*) const’:
/usr/include/eigen2/Eigen/src/Geometry/Quaternion.h:309:36: warning: ‘*((void*)& roty +24)’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
src/transform.cc:102:28: note: ‘*((void*)& roty +24)’ was declared here
/usr/include/eigen2/Eigen/src/Geometry/Quaternion.h:309:36: warning: ‘*((void*)& rotx +24)’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
src/transform.cc:102:22: note: ‘*((void*)& rotx +24)’ was declared here
/usr/include/eigen2/Eigen/src/Geometry/Quaternion.h:309:36: warning: ‘*((void*)& rotz +24)’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]
src/transform.cc:102:34: note: ‘*((void*)& rotz +24)’ was declared here

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -frounding-math -DEIGEN_DONT_ALIGN -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_WEBKIT -DOPENSCAD_VERSION=2012.02.02 -DOPENSCAD_YEAR=2012.0 -DOPENSCAD_MONTH=02.0 -DOPENSCAD_DAY=02.0 -DDEBUG -DUSE_PROGRESSWIDGET -DENABLE_CGAL -DENABLE_OPENCSG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/eigen2 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -I/usr/X11R6/include -Iobjects -Iobjects -o objects/primitives.o src/primitives.cc
src/primitives.cc: In member function ‘virtual PolySet* PrimitiveNode::evaluate_polyset(PolySetEvaluator*) const’:
src/primitives.cc:534:31: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -frounding-math -DEIGEN_DONT_ALIGN -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_WEBKIT -DOPENSCAD_VERSION=2012.02.02 -DOPENSCAD_YEAR=2012.0 -DOPENSCAD_MONTH=02.0 -DOPENSCAD_DAY=02.0 -DDEBUG -DUSE_PROGRESSWIDGET -DENABLE_CGAL -DENABLE_OPENCSG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/eigen2 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -I/usr/X11R6/include -Iobjects -Iobjects -o objects/dxfdata.o src/dxfdata.cc
src/dxfdata.cc: In member function ‘void DxfData::fixup_path_direction()’:
src/dxfdata.cc:531:48: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -frounding-math -DEIGEN_DONT_ALIGN -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_WEBKIT -DOPENSCAD_VERSION=2012.02.02 -DOPENSCAD_YEAR=2012.0 -DOPENSCAD_MONTH=02.0 -DOPENSCAD_DAY=02.0 -DDEBUG -DUSE_PROGRESSWIDGET -DENABLE_CGAL -DENABLE_OPENCSG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/eigen2 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -I/usr/X11R6/include -Iobjects -Iobjects -o objects/traverser.o src/traverser.cc
src/traverser.cc: In member function ‘Response Traverser::traverse(const AbstractNode&, const State&)’:
src/traverser.cc:36:2: warning: ‘response’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wuninitialized]

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -frounding-math -DEIGEN_DONT_ALIGN -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_WEBKIT -DOPENSCAD_VERSION=2012.02.02 -DOPENSCAD_YEAR=2012.0 -DOPENSCAD_MONTH=02.0 -DOPENSCAD_DAY=02.0 -DDEBUG -DUSE_PROGRESSWIDGET -DENABLE_CGAL -DENABLE_OPENCSG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/eigen2 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -I/usr/X11R6/include -Iobjects -Iobjects -o objects/OpenCSGWarningDialog.o src/OpenCSGWarningDialog.cc
src/OpenCSGWarningDialog.cc:4:1: warning: unused parameter ‘parent’ [-Wunused-parameter]

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -frounding-math -DEIGEN_DONT_ALIGN -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_WEBKIT -DOPENSCAD_VERSION=2012.02.02 -DOPENSCAD_YEAR=2012.0 -DOPENSCAD_MONTH=02.0 -DOPENSCAD_DAY=02.0 -DDEBUG -DUSE_PROGRESSWIDGET -DENABLE_CGAL -DENABLE_OPENCSG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/eigen2 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -I/usr/X11R6/include -Iobjects -Iobjects -o objects/export.o src/export.cc
src/export.cc: In function ‘void export_stl(CGAL_Nef_polyhedron*, std::ostream&)’:
src/export.cc:56:6: warning: unused variable ‘facet_count’ [-Wunused-variable]

g++ -c -m64 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -frounding-math -DEIGEN_DONT_ALIGN -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQT_WEBKIT -DOPENSCAD_VERSION=2012.02.02 -DOPENSCAD_YEAR=2012.0 -DOPENSCAD_MONTH=02.0 -DOPENSCAD_DAY=02.0 -DDEBUG -DUSE_PROGRESSWIDGET -DENABLE_CGAL -DENABLE_OPENCSG -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_OPENGL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/eigen2 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -I/usr/X11R6/include -Iobjects -Iobjects -o objects/PolySetCGALEvaluator.o src/PolySetCGALEvaluator.cc
src/PolySetCGALEvaluator.cc: In member function ‘virtual PolySet* PolySetCGALEvaluator::evaluatePolySet(const ProjectionNode&)’:
src/PolySetCGALEvaluator.cc:101:42: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]

They don't appear to be serious (OpenSCAD seems to run fine), but they're there, and if you're not building for 64-bit Linux, you might not know about them, right?

Anyways, thanks for the shiny new release -- time to go model some more.

- Craig -

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 07:22, Marius Kintel <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Dec 30, 2011, at 06:55 AM, Tony Buser wrote:

> It appears the OSX dmg is missing MCAD.  The Contents/Resources/libraries/MCAD directory is empty.
>
Oh, looks like some packaging script bugs crept into the release build. I'll take a look at it.

-Marius

Reply | Threaded
|

Latest Ubuntu PPA version doesn't work

Gérard Meunier
Hello,

Thanks for your wonderful work. I use Ubuntu 10.04 64 bits and Chrysn's
PPA. Today, I got an update for Openscad, and after that, I can't run it
anymore, with the error:

openscad: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libopencsg.so.1: undefined
symbol: __GLEW_ARB_occlusion_query2

Could you help me ? Thanks.

Gérard

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Latest Ubuntu PPA version doesn't work

chrysn
hi gérard, and hello to the others who reported similar problems to me
directly recently,

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 01:48:35PM +0100, Gérard Meunier wrote:
> Thanks for your wonderful work. I use Ubuntu 10.04 64 bits and Chrysn's
> PPA. Today, I got an update for Openscad, and after that, I can't run it
> anymore, with the error:
>
> openscad: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libopencsg.so.1: undefined
> symbol: __GLEW_ARB_occlusion_query2

i had some trouble backporting 2011.12 to older ubuntu versions, but
with what is currently in the ppa, things should work again (i just
tested it on ubuntu lucid). could you give it another try?

i don't know precisely why the automatically generated dependencies in
the debian packages allowed an installation state where symbol lookup
errors occur; i'm open to suggestions on what could have gone wrong, but
unless that happens in debian too, i won't put too much effort into
hunting down something that can be solved by updating to the latest
build.

regards
chrysn

--
To use raw power is to make yourself infinitely vulnerable to greater powers.
  -- Bene Gesserit axiom

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Latest Ubuntu PPA version doesn't work

Gérard Meunier
Hi chrysn, thanks for your reply. For now, I've installed back an old
version (2010.06.19), who works enough for what I have to do. I'll
install the new version when I get some more time.

Gérard

Le jeudi 01 mars 2012 à 03:48 +0100, chrysn a écrit :

> hi gérard, and hello to the others who reported similar problems to me
> directly recently,
>
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 01:48:35PM +0100, Gérard Meunier wrote:
> > Thanks for your wonderful work. I use Ubuntu 10.04 64 bits and Chrysn's
> > PPA. Today, I got an update for Openscad, and after that, I can't run it
> > anymore, with the error:
> >
> > openscad: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libopencsg.so.1: undefined
> > symbol: __GLEW_ARB_occlusion_query2
>
> i had some trouble backporting 2011.12 to older ubuntu versions, but
> with what is currently in the ppa, things should work again (i just
> tested it on ubuntu lucid). could you give it another try?
>
> i don't know precisely why the automatically generated dependencies in
> the debian packages allowed an installation state where symbol lookup
> errors occur; i'm open to suggestions on what could have gone wrong, but
> unless that happens in debian too, i won't put too much effort into
> hunting down something that can be solved by updating to the latest
> build.
>
> regards
> chrysn
>
> _______________________________________________