OpenSCAD needs a ruler for measuremnts

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

OpenSCAD needs a ruler for measuremnts

Gene Heskett
Greetings Folks;

One thing I miss is a moveable ruler so I an verify a measurment anyplace
in the gui.

1. It s/b be locked to which ever axis in the gui that you click on to
enable it, and click on it again to get rid of it.

The zero point should follow the mouse so that it can be placed for z on
the base line the regular ruler, or even locked to the zero point of the
selected axis. The idea being to measure something that is a long ways
from the central ruler when it is activated.

If this has been asked for before, please add my vote for its
implementation.

Also,I haven't noted a donate button, did I miss it?

Thanks for a great pack of software, I'd like to do a wee bit to support
it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
 - Louis D. Brandeis
Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
tp3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSCAD needs a ruler for measuremnts

tp3
On 06.04.21 01:32, Gene Heskett wrote:
> If this has been asked for before, please add my vote for its
> implementation.

Yep, it has:

https://github.com/openscad/openscad/issues/3638

There's someone who wanted to have a look at this, so
maybe it's going to happen.

> Also,I haven't noted a donate button, did I miss it?

Depends on what you want to donate to. Specifically for
the measurement, then there's a link to Bountysource at
the bottom of the issue description pointed to by the
link above.

General donations are now handled by "Open Collective"
and can be posted either directly or via Github sponsors.

ciao,
  Torsten.
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
-- Torsten
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: OpenSCAD needs a ruler for measuremnts

Gene Heskett
On Monday 05 April 2021 19:45:14 Torsten Paul wrote:

> On 06.04.21 01:32, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > If this has been asked for before, please add my vote for its
> > implementation.
>
> Yep, it has:
>
> https://github.com/openscad/openscad/issues/3638

Unforch, the paypal isn't usable as I've never used them since switching
browsers a couple months back.

> There's someone who wanted to have a look at this, so
> maybe it's going to happen.
>
> > Also,I haven't noted a donate button, did I miss it?
>
> Depends on what you want to donate to. Specifically for
> the measurement, then there's a link to Bountysource at
> the bottom of the issue description pointed to by the
> link above.
>
> General donations are now handled by "Open Collective"
> and can be posted either directly or via Github sponsors.
>
> ciao,
>   Torsten.
> _______________________________________________
> OpenSCAD mailing list
> To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]


Cheers, Gene Heskett
--
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
 soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable.
 - Louis D. Brandeis
Genes Web page <http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]