Odd thrown together

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Odd thrown together

Ronaldo
In the last OpenSCAD release, draw a cube, select View/Thrown together and click the cube with the right button. Click again. The cube goes red and the only way I am able to recover is by View/Preview. Also, View/Wireframe and View/Surfaces don't work.

|

Re: Odd thrown together

nophead
Even stranger for me, I just get a black window. Looks like the right click to see the code that makes the cube is going wrong.

image.png

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 02:30, Ronaldo Persiano <[hidden email]> wrote:
In the last OpenSCAD release, draw a cube, select View/Thrown together and click the cube with the right button. Click again. The cube goes red and the only way I am able to recover is by View/Preview. Also, View/Wireframe and View/Surfaces don't work.

|

Ronaldo
Even stranger for me, I just get a black window. Looks like the right click to see the code that makes the cube is going wrong.

Yes, sometimes I get a black object instead of red. Have you View All after the black screen?

The bug has many manifestations and not always I am able to reproduce a specific one. For instance, once I was unable to get the right colors back even changing to View/Preview. Interestingly, in that case the View/Wireframe and View/Surface worked despite the wrong colors. To get rid of it I had to restart. 

|

nophead
I haven't got any menus but I can get the view menu with Alt+V but view all is then Ctrl+Shift+V and that does not work.  I can arrow down to it and select it but I still have an all black window.

I think this is a separate bug because I don't need to be in thrown together mode. Just a right click on the cube with another Microsoft Mouse that has switch bounce on the right button. It shows the one line stack trace over an all black window and I haven't found a way to recover.

OpenSCAD 2021.03.24.ci7656 on Win7 / 64.

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 13:30, Ronaldo Persiano <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes, sometimes I get a black object instead of red. Have you View All after the black screen?

The bug has many manifestations and not always I am able to reproduce a specific one. For instance, once I was unable to get the right colors back even changing to View/Preview. Interestingly, in that case the View/Wireframe and View/Surface worked despite the wrong colors. To get rid of it I had to restart. 

|

nophead
To be clear, it isn't a black object filling the preview window, it is the whole main window pane that goes black.

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 14:26, nop head <[hidden email]> wrote:
I haven't got any menus but I can get the view menu with Alt+V but view all is then Ctrl+Shift+V and that does not work.  I can arrow down to it and select it but I still have an all black window.

I think this is a separate bug because I don't need to be in thrown together mode. Just a right click on the cube with another Microsoft Mouse that has switch bounce on the right button. It shows the one line stack trace over an all black window and I haven't found a way to recover.

|

jotweh
This Black / Red thingi might be a side effect of the mouse selection, triggered by the right click.
The selector is drawing into a separate background buffer. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this behaviour on master on my machine.

The ID of the object is encoded into the color, whereby object 1-255 are encoded in different shades of red, 0 (black) is the background.

This might be a bug in the combination of thrown-together/selection, it looks like the framebuffer selection is somehow broken.
I will look into this as soon as I can make room in my schedule!

On 01/04/2021 15.28, nop head wrote:
To be clear, it isn't a black object filling the preview window, it is the whole main window pane that goes black.

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 at 14:26, nop head <[hidden email]> wrote:

|

MichaelAtOz
Administrator
In reply to this post by nophead
nophead wrote
To be clear, it isn't a black object filling the preview window, it is the
whole main window pane that goes black.
I'm wondering if it is related to forum post, github issue?
There the entire window is showing the background (ie windows behind OpenSCAD), similarly the menus pop-up.
These are post 2021.01 snapshots, possible that later library versions make the condition worse?

For me, this right-click bug shows as a black cube, Preview did not fix it, had to quit.
OpenSCAD Admin - email* me if you need anything, or if I've done something stupid...
* on the Forum, click on my MichaelAtOz label, there is a link to email me.

Unless specifically shown otherwise above, my contribution is in the Public Domain;
to the extent possible under law, I have waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this work.
Obviously inclusion of works of previous authors is not included in the above.

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

* on the Forum, click on my MichaelAtOz label, there is a link to email me.

Unless specifically shown otherwise above, my contribution is in the Public Domain;
to the extent possible under law, I have waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this work.
Obviously inclusion of works of previous authors is not included in the above.