Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

OpenSCAD mailing list-2
I'm very happy with progress that's been made on the OpenSCAD live editor. It's far from done, but it's at the point where I early feedback would be useful.

Obviously this always be more frustrating to use than the desktop, but one thing that I envision it being useful for straight away is for sharing snippets, which is why I added the ability to encode the script into the url with the "Copy link" button. I figure the forum is a great place for that to get some use, so next time you're about to share a snippet, maybe try pasting it into the Cadhub editor and than pasting the link instead.

The editor is here: https://cadhub.xyz/dev-ide
And here a link to a simple hinge I made

Other than snippets, I'm definitely open to general feed back, especially low hanging fruit and quick wins, though bear in mind there are a number of things that still are not yet built out which are planned.

- Hope to have better editor support/ syntax highlighting
- Add stl export as well, that will also make the mesh viewable in the viewer panel
- Want to add customizer support
- Want to add more camera controls (orthogonal plus snap to top, side view etc)
- Want to add multi file support
- Would like to add the the popular libraries listed on openscad.org

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

caggius
Links are blocked on the site
Woah, woah. You shouldn't be here! We're still working on this. Since you've seen it now, have a look what we've got planned.

On 21 Mar 2021, at 08:36, irevdev via Discuss <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm very happy with progress that's been made on the OpenSCAD live editor. It's far from done, but it's at the point where I early feedback would be useful.

Obviously this always be more frustrating to use than the desktop, but one thing that I envision it being useful for straight away is for sharing snippets, which is why I added the ability to encode the script into the url with the "Copy link" button. I figure the forum is a great place for that to get some use, so next time you're about to share a snippet, maybe try pasting it into the Cadhub editor and than pasting the link instead.

The editor is here: https://cadhub.xyz/dev-ide
And here a link to a simple hinge I made

Other than snippets, I'm definitely open to general feed back, especially low hanging fruit and quick wins, though bear in mind there are a number of things that still are not yet built out which are planned.

- Hope to have better editor support/ syntax highlighting
- Add stl export as well, that will also make the mesh viewable in the viewer panel
- Want to add customizer support
- Want to add more camera controls (orthogonal plus snap to top, side view etc)
- Want to add multi file support
- Would like to add the the popular libraries listed on openscad.org

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]


_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

OpenSCAD mailing list-2
What do you mean by links are block? are there links that don't work?

The text you pasted is a "under construction" banner, because it's WIP.

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

cacb
In reply to this post by OpenSCAD mailing list-2
On 2021-03-21 09:36, irevdev via Discuss wrote:
> I'm very happy with progress that's been made on the OpenSCAD live
> editor. It's far from done, but it's at the point where I early
> feedback would be useful.

That looks quite nice, well done. What do you do if someone compiles a
script that requires hours to run?

Carsten Arnholm
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

OpenSCAD mailing list-2
Good question. I'm not entirely sure what to do about that, but atm where I'm just trying to prove out the concept is having a very short timeout (can't remember probably 30s). We'll see what happens but one thought I've had is if folks on the OpenSCAD dev team think its valuable maybe a couple extra flags for the CLI could be useful, like being able to set maxfn for example might be good (I haven't thought it through enough and it's definitely too early to make any concrete suggestions).

A feature I have in mind is to have a github integration, and to do out of band stl and image generation, in which case I would be more inclined to let things run longer before timing out.

https://gitlab.com/openflexure/openflexure-microscope

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
rew
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

rew
In reply to this post by OpenSCAD mailing list-2
On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 01:36:11AM -0700, irevdev via Discuss wrote:
> Obviously this always be more frustrating to use than the desktop, but one
> thing that I envision it being useful for straight away is for sharing
> snippets, which is why I added the ability to encode the script into the url
> with the "Copy link" button.

There are certainly advantages for allowing the URL to be shared, but
if your link is a "simple hinge" then that approach is quickly
becoming unfeasable.

I would recommend that you allow more or less the same interface, but
then store the script locally and provide two say 32-bit numbers. One
is the object-ID for that script and the other is a "key". (you can
store say 3 (random!) keys with each object: owner (can give
away/change keys), editor (can edit), and viewer.

You have to be careful to tell bots not to access these buttons. A
friend made an "reversi" or "Othello" game server that stored the game
state in the URL. Google tried to solve that game once-and-for-all by
walking all the links....

For me personally long links annoy me. Especially when in Emails: I
use a text-email-reader, and have to make the window as wide as the
URL to be able to copy-paste it into my browser. I quickly give up if
the URL is wider than my screen (about 3k pixels).

        Roger.

--
** [hidden email] ** https://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2049110 **
**    Delftechpark 11 2628 XJ  Delft, The Netherlands.  KVK: 27239233    **
f equals m times a. When your f is steady, and your m is going down
your a is going up.  -- Chris Hadfield about flying up the space shuttle.
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

kdtop
In reply to this post by OpenSCAD mailing list-2
This is an awesome concept.

In the world of web assembly, would it be possible for the rendering to be done in the browser by downloading web assembly for the OpenScad C code renderer?

KT

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 4:36 AM irevdev via Discuss <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm very happy with progress that's been made on the OpenSCAD live editor. It's far from done, but it's at the point where I early feedback would be useful.

Obviously this always be more frustrating to use than the desktop, but one thing that I envision it being useful for straight away is for sharing snippets, which is why I added the ability to encode the script into the url with the "Copy link" button. I figure the forum is a great place for that to get some use, so next time you're about to share a snippet, maybe try pasting it into the Cadhub editor and than pasting the link instead.

The editor is here: https://cadhub.xyz/dev-ide
And here a link to a simple hinge I made

Other than snippets, I'm definitely open to general feed back, especially low hanging fruit and quick wins, though bear in mind there are a number of things that still are not yet built out which are planned.

- Hope to have better editor support/ syntax highlighting
- Add stl export as well, that will also make the mesh viewable in the viewer panel
- Want to add customizer support
- Want to add more camera controls (orthogonal plus snap to top, side view etc)
- Want to add multi file support
- Would like to add the the popular libraries listed on openscad.org

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

mixotricha

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 12:37 AM Kevin Toppenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is an awesome concept.

In the world of web assembly, would it be possible for the rendering to be done in the browser by downloading web assembly for the OpenScad C code renderer?

KT

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 4:36 AM irevdev via Discuss <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm very happy with progress that's been made on the OpenSCAD live editor. It's far from done, but it's at the point where I early feedback would be useful.

Obviously this always be more frustrating to use than the desktop, but one thing that I envision it being useful for straight away is for sharing snippets, which is why I added the ability to encode the script into the url with the "Copy link" button. I figure the forum is a great place for that to get some use, so next time you're about to share a snippet, maybe try pasting it into the Cadhub editor and than pasting the link instead.

The editor is here: https://cadhub.xyz/dev-ide
And here a link to a simple hinge I made

Other than snippets, I'm definitely open to general feed back, especially low hanging fruit and quick wins, though bear in mind there are a number of things that still are not yet built out which are planned.

- Hope to have better editor support/ syntax highlighting
- Add stl export as well, that will also make the mesh viewable in the viewer panel
- Want to add customizer support
- Want to add more camera controls (orthogonal plus snap to top, side view etc)
- Want to add multi file support
- Would like to add the the popular libraries listed on openscad.org

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]


--
Damien Towning

 

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

mixotricha
Seems to be a lot of this going about. Been here. Done this already. Have opinions and lots to say but not much time to say it at the moment.  Web Assembly absolutely. In my gitlab you will find some web assembly that got as far bringing up the OpenSCAD Scintilla widget. 

https://gitlab.com/mixotricha/elixir-makertron

My documentation is long out of date and my thinking has changed a lot. Want to solve a useful problem to do with rendering in the browser if you have not done it already. Implement the Gold Feather. 

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 5:04 AM Damien Towning <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 12:37 AM Kevin Toppenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is an awesome concept.

In the world of web assembly, would it be possible for the rendering to be done in the browser by downloading web assembly for the OpenScad C code renderer?

KT

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 4:36 AM irevdev via Discuss <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm very happy with progress that's been made on the OpenSCAD live editor. It's far from done, but it's at the point where I early feedback would be useful.

Obviously this always be more frustrating to use than the desktop, but one thing that I envision it being useful for straight away is for sharing snippets, which is why I added the ability to encode the script into the url with the "Copy link" button. I figure the forum is a great place for that to get some use, so next time you're about to share a snippet, maybe try pasting it into the Cadhub editor and than pasting the link instead.

The editor is here: https://cadhub.xyz/dev-ide
And here a link to a simple hinge I made

Other than snippets, I'm definitely open to general feed back, especially low hanging fruit and quick wins, though bear in mind there are a number of things that still are not yet built out which are planned.

- Hope to have better editor support/ syntax highlighting
- Add stl export as well, that will also make the mesh viewable in the viewer panel
- Want to add customizer support
- Want to add more camera controls (orthogonal plus snap to top, side view etc)
- Want to add multi file support
- Would like to add the the popular libraries listed on openscad.org

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]


--
Damien Towning

 


--
Damien Towning

 

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

mixotricha
Also in the src you will find a binding to a C renderer that chats to the Elixir back end. On the front end a transpiler thing. Lots of stuff going on. Is all parallel blah blah blah. 

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 5:08 AM Damien Towning <[hidden email]> wrote:
Seems to be a lot of this going about. Been here. Done this already. Have opinions and lots to say but not much time to say it at the moment.  Web Assembly absolutely. In my gitlab you will find some web assembly that got as far bringing up the OpenSCAD Scintilla widget. 

https://gitlab.com/mixotricha/elixir-makertron

My documentation is long out of date and my thinking has changed a lot. Want to solve a useful problem to do with rendering in the browser if you have not done it already. Implement the Gold Feather. 

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 5:04 AM Damien Towning <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 12:37 AM Kevin Toppenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is an awesome concept.

In the world of web assembly, would it be possible for the rendering to be done in the browser by downloading web assembly for the OpenScad C code renderer?

KT

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 4:36 AM irevdev via Discuss <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm very happy with progress that's been made on the OpenSCAD live editor. It's far from done, but it's at the point where I early feedback would be useful.

Obviously this always be more frustrating to use than the desktop, but one thing that I envision it being useful for straight away is for sharing snippets, which is why I added the ability to encode the script into the url with the "Copy link" button. I figure the forum is a great place for that to get some use, so next time you're about to share a snippet, maybe try pasting it into the Cadhub editor and than pasting the link instead.

The editor is here: https://cadhub.xyz/dev-ide
And here a link to a simple hinge I made

Other than snippets, I'm definitely open to general feed back, especially low hanging fruit and quick wins, though bear in mind there are a number of things that still are not yet built out which are planned.

- Hope to have better editor support/ syntax highlighting
- Add stl export as well, that will also make the mesh viewable in the viewer panel
- Want to add customizer support
- Want to add more camera controls (orthogonal plus snap to top, side view etc)
- Want to add multi file support
- Would like to add the the popular libraries listed on openscad.org

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]


--
Damien Towning

 


--
Damien Towning

 


--
Damien Towning

 

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

OpenSCAD mailing list-2
Wow, a lot of interesting things going on with makertron.

I've been trying to keep it simple, mostly for my own sake. Which is why I'm just running stock OpenSCAD on the server.

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

mixotricha
I did that first to. Somewhere in my revisions is a headless copy of the OpenScad that sat on a socket. But then you get in to the performance penalties of the geometry transfer and problems with parallelisation. When I weighed up trying to bring the OpenSCAD headless in to the multi parallel I decided just to start my own implementation. As a lot of people have reiterated just leave the poor OpenSCAD alone. It is fine to be compatible or mostly compatible. The problem to be solved isn't the OpenSCAD ! Somebody will mention mowing the lawns at that point. Anyway if you go this way with making the OpenSCAD headless ( and it isn't in my opinion now the right way to go ) the bit to get 'out' and on the client is the Gold Feather. As I contemplated that I decided a clean way was to probably implement it by building a c++ module of it through the web assembly rather than trying to implement it in the JavaScript. What else. My first headless version using the OpenSCAD also used node and I had a whole effort to do my parallelisation in that. Terrible idea. Just not the right tools for the job. I hope what I have learned can help others to short cut to the actual problems that need to be solved.  

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 6:17 AM irevdev via Discuss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wow, a lot of interesting things going on with makertron.

I've been trying to keep it simple, mostly for my own sake. Which is why I'm just running stock OpenSCAD on the server.

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]


--
Damien Towning

 

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

mixotricha
Or to follow this up a bit more ... a clean way is rather than having the whole of OpenSCAD sitting on the server through something horrid like node and the FFL or whatever it was called ( some dreadful c binding through the garbage that is node ) .... build the core bits of OpenSCAD minus the rendering / OpenGL ....  in web assembly ...  for a start you get the interface and the editor ... all of which are well polished and decent ....   several years of reading the code .... leaves me with the opinion that lots of the code base is really quite beautiful .. but it also has to depend on other things of course ... which are not so beautiful ...   more opions .. CGAL is f'ing ugly ... 

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 6:55 AM Damien Towning <[hidden email]> wrote:
I did that first to. Somewhere in my revisions is a headless copy of the OpenScad that sat on a socket. But then you get in to the performance penalties of the geometry transfer and problems with parallelisation. When I weighed up trying to bring the OpenSCAD headless in to the multi parallel I decided just to start my own implementation. As a lot of people have reiterated just leave the poor OpenSCAD alone. It is fine to be compatible or mostly compatible. The problem to be solved isn't the OpenSCAD ! Somebody will mention mowing the lawns at that point. Anyway if you go this way with making the OpenSCAD headless ( and it isn't in my opinion now the right way to go ) the bit to get 'out' and on the client is the Gold Feather. As I contemplated that I decided a clean way was to probably implement it by building a c++ module of it through the web assembly rather than trying to implement it in the JavaScript. What else. My first headless version using the OpenSCAD also used node and I had a whole effort to do my parallelisation in that. Terrible idea. Just not the right tools for the job. I hope what I have learned can help others to short cut to the actual problems that need to be solved.  

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 6:17 AM irevdev via Discuss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Wow, a lot of interesting things going on with makertron.

I've been trying to keep it simple, mostly for my own sake. Which is why I'm just running stock OpenSCAD on the server.

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]


--
Damien Towning

 


--
Damien Towning

 

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

OpenSCAD mailing list-2
@mixotricha, I not sure understand, do you think there's a problem with my solution?

I don't have a geometry transfer problem because I'm not transferring geometry only images (which has it's own disadvantages, but one I'm willing to wear). And I don't a parallel problem as I'm just letting AWS handle that as it's deployed as a lambda.

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

mixotricha
Depends on the design goal. I am working on a distributed high speed OpenSCAD 'parser' for handling large geometrical problems on a distributed cluster. This is for large complicated objects. Things like industrial plumbing layouts. Streaming an instance of OpenSCAD to a web interface would be my worst choice for solving that problem. Is not a problem for a small fiddle though to tinker with at small scale. Sooner or later you have to scale this on the AWS. Then you learn about the costs. At some point I built a distributed cluster on the AWS using the star stuff. Each node held a headless OpenSCAD. It ate resources like a swarm of hungry mice. This was when I began to ponder metal. I've actually actually built my own dedicated cluster with custom FPGA in it and such like to manage my costs and cut out fat. I don't want to discourage anybody from going here though. Just trying to relay what I have learned. This is work is important. You will also find it generalises to a lot of useful other problems. If you think you can solve the app on one end and stream it directly to the client on the other end problem at scale at some reasonable cost. Then that is great! When I looked at this it was my worst possible design choice to implement. However as stated what you can do is to reshape the asymmetry you currently have by moving the Gold Feather to the client. If people understand what I am saying and think that would be a useful addition to have via the three.js I might bump it up my project list. But beyond all this are better more significant problems to solve first. The Gold Feather is done. It doesn't need to be invented. It just needs to be moved. Anybody could do that. 

Is beautiful paper. If have not read it. Reads it. From my former university indeed it is. 

https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.41.6932&rep=rep1&type=pdf

I will try and pull my paper together to. LaTex. Just got lots to do. 

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 10:15 AM irevdev via Discuss <[hidden email]> wrote:
@mixotricha, I not sure understand, do you think there's a problem with my solution?

I don't have a geometry transfer problem because I'm not transferring geometry only images (which has it's own disadvantages, but one I'm willing to wear). And I don't a parallel problem as I'm just letting AWS handle that as it's deployed as a lambda.

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]


--
Damien Towning

 

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

mixotricha

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 11:19 AM Damien Towning <[hidden email]> wrote:
Depends on the design goal. I am working on a distributed high speed OpenSCAD 'parser' for handling large geometrical problems on a distributed cluster. This is for large complicated objects. Things like industrial plumbing layouts. Streaming an instance of OpenSCAD to a web interface would be my worst choice for solving that problem. Is not a problem for a small fiddle though to tinker with at small scale. Sooner or later you have to scale this on the AWS. Then you learn about the costs. At some point I built a distributed cluster on the AWS using the star stuff. Each node held a headless OpenSCAD. It ate resources like a swarm of hungry mice. This was when I began to ponder metal. I've actually actually built my own dedicated cluster with custom FPGA in it and such like to manage my costs and cut out fat. I don't want to discourage anybody from going here though. Just trying to relay what I have learned. This is work is important. You will also find it generalises to a lot of useful other problems. If you think you can solve the app on one end and stream it directly to the client on the other end problem at scale at some reasonable cost. Then that is great! When I looked at this it was my worst possible design choice to implement. However as stated what you can do is to reshape the asymmetry you currently have by moving the Gold Feather to the client. If people understand what I am saying and think that would be a useful addition to have via the three.js I might bump it up my project list. But beyond all this are better more significant problems to solve first. The Gold Feather is done. It doesn't need to be invented. It just needs to be moved. Anybody could do that. 

Is beautiful paper. If have not read it. Reads it. From my former university indeed it is. 

https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.41.6932&rep=rep1&type=pdf

I will try and pull my paper together to. LaTex. Just got lots to do. 

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 10:15 AM irevdev via Discuss <[hidden email]> wrote:
@mixotricha, I not sure understand, do you think there's a problem with my solution?

I don't have a geometry transfer problem because I'm not transferring geometry only images (which has it's own disadvantages, but one I'm willing to wear). And I don't a parallel problem as I'm just letting AWS handle that as it's deployed as a lambda.

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]


--
Damien Towning

 


--
Damien Towning

 

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

JordanBrown
In reply to this post by mixotricha
Remember that clients automatically bring CPU power with them, and it's CPU power that you don't have to pay for.  Anything you can have the clients do instead of the servers doing it seems like a win.

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

OpenSCAD mailing list-2
In reply to this post by mixotricha
Thanks for all the extra context,

I'm certainly going more for community sharing snippets over massive files, and in terms of costs maybe I'll come to regret my current decisions, but I think there's a big risk in building something that no one actually wants to use, so I'd rather validate that before preemptively optimising.

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

Troberg
In reply to this post by OpenSCAD mailing list-2
One thing I don't think I can do there, which is essential for me, is use and include. Everything I do is based on parts libraries and helper libraries I've made.

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Live web editor is ready for early feedback.

OpenSCAD mailing list-2
Thanks for that Troberg.

Its good to hear what people would like to be able to use. I would like to offer multi-file support in the editor which would allow you to include between the files, and I'm also considering adding the libraries listed on openscad.org so they can be included, but generic code re-use sounds tricky and am not sure long term, as in should users be able to include code from someone else project on the website?

Sent from the OpenSCAD mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
To unsubscribe send an email to [hidden email]
12