Getting dimensions of imported shape?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Getting dimensions of imported shape? – Sometimes I import an external STL file to make some modifications... resize a hole, etc. To do so, I need to get the dimensions of the importe...
On 23 July 2018 at 04:39, Mark Harrison <marhar@...> wrote: > Alternatively, any other programs that can print useful information > ...
I know this is an old thread, but this may help someone. I grabbed your excellent python script, stldim.py, and added a little bit at the end to...
I have done some more work with Jamie Bainbridge's *stldim.py* script, and have come up with an easier way to get the translate() info into OpenS...
On 2019-06-11 06:45, lar3ry wrote: > I have done some more work with Jamie Bainbridge's *stldim.py* script, > and > have come up with...
If you don't have numpy, could you try installing that. I have it in my Python library, but don't remember if it was already there when I started...
On 2019-06-11 15:58, lar3ry wrote: > If you don't have numpy, could you try installing that. I have it in my > Python library, but don't r...
On 11.06.2019 17:31, arnholm@... wrote: > On 2019-06-11 15:58, lar3ry wrote: >> If you don't have numpy, could you try installing that....
Done. Thanks Carsten! -- Sent from: http://forum.openscad.org/ _______________________________________________ OpenSCAD mailing list...
> … external STL file … > … get the dimensions of the imported object. I use 3D-Tool. They provide a free STL viewer that is very hand...
Rather than using OpenSCAD's import function, I convert stl files directly to OpenSCAD polyhedra using my stl2scad.py script: https://github.com...
Hi. > Alternatively, any other programs that can print useful information > about an STL file, such as bounding boxes? I realize that S...
I've found it useful to use Meshmixer, a free program, to import STL files. The Analysis feature has a dimension option which will display a boun...
On 7/22/2018 11:39 AM, Mark Harrison wrote: > Alternatively, any other programs that can print useful information > about an STL file, suc...