Function / operator similar to difference() for bounds along path? (Shapes can slip over each other)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Function / operator similar to difference() for bounds along path? (Shapes can slip over each other)

lobrien
I'm new to OpenSCAD, so forgive my ignorance of functions and terminology. I am trying to design a shape that will slip over another piece. So, for instance, imagine that I'm trying to create a cube/box that can slip over a sphere: the function I'm looking for would create successfully larger dimples until it reached the full diameter of the subtracted sphere, but then *would not* close in despite the sphere being "inside" the box.

It seems to me that this might be done by translating the "clipping" shape along a path, creating a thin difference(), projecting the negative of *that* down the path and difference()ing that with the other elements of the clipping shape, and then moving the clipping shape another increment.

Is there such a function or library?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Function / operator similar to difference() for bounds along path? (Shapes can slip over each other)

lhartmann
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.