Freezes during compile and render (f6)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Freezes during compile and render (f6)

Spencer Renosis
I am running Windows 7 64-bit and Openscad 5-2011.

On my home computer this doesn't happen, but it happens on my work computer and netbook, running the same version and same OS.

When I press F6 to compile and render, Openscad will lock up, but will immediately unfreeze as soon as I press ctrl-alt-delete. And it doesn't matter what the file contains. It could be something as simple as cube(4); or it could  be something super complex. It just locks up until you press ctrl-alt-delete (you don't even have to open task manager or anything, it is very bizarre, it just starts working again as soon as you press ctrl-alt-delete). 

I posted to the MakerBot forum a little while ago about this and other people reported the same behavior. Here is the link:

My question is, is there any work around for this or way to fix it? Or is it just something the Windows users are going to have to deal with until a fix comes?

Thanks!

Spencer Renosis

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Freezes during compile and render (f6)

nophead
I had a similar problem on XP32, but only when Python programs were running (which is 90% of the time as I run my machines with Python and use Skeinforge). My problem has gone with the recent Windows release.

On 12 May 2011 16:47, Spencer Renosis <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am running Windows 7 64-bit and Openscad 5-2011.

On my home computer this doesn't happen, but it happens on my work computer and netbook, running the same version and same OS.

When I press F6 to compile and render, Openscad will lock up, but will immediately unfreeze as soon as I press ctrl-alt-delete. And it doesn't matter what the file contains. It could be something as simple as cube(4); or it could  be something super complex. It just locks up until you press ctrl-alt-delete (you don't even have to open task manager or anything, it is very bizarre, it just starts working again as soon as you press ctrl-alt-delete). 

I posted to the MakerBot forum a little while ago about this and other people reported the same behavior. Here is the link:

My question is, is there any work around for this or way to fix it? Or is it just something the Windows users are going to have to deal with until a fix comes?

Thanks!

Spencer Renosis