Annoying auto preview of 2015.03

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Annoying auto preview of 2015.03

runsun
It seems that there's an "auto preview" set in this new release (2015.03, Linux Mint x64). Whenever a document, say a.scad, is saved, It issues an auto-preview OF ALL OPEN DOCs linked to a.scad.

This results in many unwanted previews and is extremely annoying, especially when one of those linked to a.scad takes a long time to run.

Prior to this version, I've used up to 2015.02.01 nightly but didn't see this behavior. It seems that it's added between 02.01 and 03.15. Can this at least be set in the preference so users can shut it off ?
$ Runsun Pan, PhD
$ libs: scadx, doctest, faces(git), offline doc(git), runscad.py(2,git), editor of choice: CudaText ( OpenSCAD lexer); $ Tips; $ Snippets
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Annoying auto preview of 2015.03

runsun
Some how the issue disappears. I thought that I'd try 2015.04.01.nightly (git 90094ff), and found that it doesn't have this issue.

Then I go back to 2015.03 again, and the issue is gone. No idea what happened, it seems only happens on the very first run after installation.
$ Runsun Pan, PhD
$ libs: scadx, doctest, faces(git), offline doc(git), runscad.py(2,git), editor of choice: CudaText ( OpenSCAD lexer); $ Tips; $ Snippets
Reply | Threaded
|

kintel
Administrator
This sounds like Design->Automatic Reload and Compile..

-Marius
Reply | Threaded
|

runsun
aarrhh!! now that you mentioned it .... it does look like the case. I must have accidentally clicked on it ...
$ Runsun Pan, PhD