Animation stuck on?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Animation stuck on?

OpenSCAD mailing list-2
Using a Macbook Pro / Catalina

I decided to try the nightly build this morning...but when I started it up
the graphic display area was slowly rotating.  I thought maybe that was just
some new look for strart up but would stop when I rendered something.  But
it did not, my model just slowly rotates...I have never done any animation
in scad but I found the menu choice to 'animate' but it was
unchecked...checking and unchecking doesn't stop the rotation.
I looked around in the preference but didn't see anything that seemed like
it would help.

I moved back to my previous release candidate version and it rotates now
too.
I downloaded the latest RC6...nope still rotating.
I can't stop it (though it stops when scad looses screen focus)

I can't use scad like this, not only does it make viewing models difficult
but it so slows down my system as to
make it unusable.

Any suggestions...I have tried reboots and obviously reinstalled but it is
like something is stuck.

TIA
Darren



--
Sent from: http://forum.openscad.org/

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
tp3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Animation stuck on?

tp3
Disable all input device drivers

Edit->Preferences->Axes

or configure in a way that it's not triggering the
rotation.

ciao,
  Torsten.

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
-- Torsten
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Animation stuck on?

jon_bondy
In reply to this post by OpenSCAD mailing list-2
Darren:

Perhaps your pointing device is stuck, either physically or
programmatically.  Have you tried unplugging/plugging your mouse/tablet
and/or re-booting?  This has happened to me, although rarely.

Jon

On 1/18/2021 3:51 PM, macdarren via Discuss wrote:

> Using a Macbook Pro / Catalina
>
> I decided to try the nightly build this morning...but when I started it up
> the graphic display area was slowly rotating.  I thought maybe that was just
> some new look for strart up but would stop when I rendered something.  But
> it did not, my model just slowly rotates...I have never done any animation
> in scad but I found the menu choice to 'animate' but it was
> unchecked...checking and unchecking doesn't stop the rotation.
> I looked around in the preference but didn't see anything that seemed like
> it would help.
>
> I moved back to my previous release candidate version and it rotates now
> too.
> I downloaded the latest RC6...nope still rotating.
> I can't stop it (though it stops when scad looses screen focus)
>
> I can't use scad like this, not only does it make viewing models difficult
> but it so slows down my system as to
> make it unusable.
>
> Any suggestions...I have tried reboots and obviously reinstalled but it is
> like something is stuck.
>
> TIA
> Darren
>

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Animation stuck on?

OpenSCAD mailing list-2
In reply to this post by OpenSCAD mailing list-2
Solution found...possible nightly build bug.

Logging in as a different user and launching RC version of scad demonstrated
that it was something specific to my regular account.  Removing scad prefs
in my user account stopped the rotation (lost all my recents and color
setting but nothing critical.)

So I can only conclude that maybe the nightly build corrupted something in
my prefs.





--
Sent from: http://forum.openscad.org/

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Version 2021.01.17 (Snap) can't follow links

Peter Ragosch
In reply to this post by OpenSCAD mailing list-2
The openSCAD Snap Version 2021.01.17 doesn't follow links in
/home/<user> on Manjaro.

Who is responsible for the snap? Where should i report this bug?

Detailed information about this OpenSCAD Version:

OpenSCAD Version: 2021.01.17
System information: Linux 5.10.7-3-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jan 15 21:11:34 UTC 2021 x86_64 Ubuntu Core 16 4 CPUs 31.27 GB RAM
User Agent: OpenSCAD/2021.01.17 (Linux x86_64; Ubuntu Core 16)
Compiler: GCC "5.4.0 20160609" 64bit
MinGW build: No
Debug build: No
Boost version: 1_58
Eigen version: 3.2.92
CGAL version, kernels: 4.14.3, Cartesian<Gmpq>, Extended_cartesian<Gmpq>, Epeck
OpenCSG version: OpenCSG 1.4.2
Qt version: 5.5.1
QScintilla version: 2.9.1
InputDrivers:
GLib version: 2.48.2
lodepng version: 20180910
libzip version: 1.0.1
fontconfig version: 2.11.94
freetype version: 2.6.1
harfbuzz version: 1.0.1
cairo version: 1.14.6
lib3mf version: 1.8.1
Features: input-driver-dbus, lazy-union
Application Path: /snap/openscad-nightly/2346/usr/bin
Documents Path: /home/peter/snap/openscad-nightly/2346/.local/share
User Documents Path: /home/peter/snap/openscad-nightly/2346
Resource Path: /snap/openscad-nightly/2346/usr/share/openscad-nightly
User Library Path: /home/peter/snap/openscad-nightly/2346/.local/share/OpenSCAD/libraries
User Config Path: /home/peter/snap/openscad-nightly/2346/.config/OpenSCAD
Backup Path: /home/peter/snap/openscad-nightly/2346/.local/share/OpenSCAD/backups
OPENSCADPATH: <not set>
OpenSCAD library path:
/home/peter/snap/openscad-nightly/2346/.local/share/OpenSCAD/libraries
/snap/openscad-nightly/2346/usr/share/openscad-nightly/libraries

Kind regards
Peter


_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
tp3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Version 2021.01.17 (Snap) can't follow links

tp3
On 19.01.21 17:57, Peter Ragosch wrote:
> The openSCAD Snap Version 2021.01.17 doesn't follow links in
> /home/<user> on Manjaro.
>
> Who is responsible for the snap? Where should i report this bug?

I'm not sure this is a bug. Snap packages are encapsulated
by design which likely causes those links to point into
places that are not visible to the application packaged.

I need to check the documentation to find an official
statement about handling of links.

I suppose the OpenSCAD github repo would be the correct
place to report or request things.

ciao,
  Torsten.

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
-- Torsten
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Version 2021.01.17 (Snap) can't follow links

MichaelAtOz
Administrator

Works for me.

I presume we're talking about Help/Documentation etc.

 

OpenSCAD Version: 2021.01.17

System information: Linux 4.9.0-12-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.210-1 (2020-01-20) x86_64 Ubuntu Core 16 8 CPUs 31.32 GB RAM

User Agent: OpenSCAD/2021.01.17 (Linux x86_64; Ubuntu Core 16)

Compiler: GCC "5.4.0 20160609" 64bit

MinGW build: No

Debug build: No

Boost version: 1_58

Eigen version: 3.2.92

CGAL version, kernels: 4.14.3, Cartesian<Gmpq>, Extended_cartesian<Gmpq>, Epeck

OpenCSG version: OpenCSG 1.4.2

Qt version: 5.5.1

QScintilla version: 2.9.1

InputDrivers:

GLib version: 2.48.2

lodepng version: 20180910

libzip version: 1.0.1

fontconfig version: 2.11.94

freetype version: 2.6.1

harfbuzz version: 1.0.1

cairo version: 1.14.6

lib3mf version: 1.8.1

Features: input-driver-dbus, lazy-union

Application Path: /snap/openscad-nightly/2346/usr/bin

 

> -----Original Message-----

> From: Discuss [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Torsten Paul

> Sent: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 04:13

> To: [hidden email]

> Subject: Re: [OpenSCAD] Version 2021.01.17 (Snap) can't follow links

>

> On 19.01.21 17:57, Peter Ragosch wrote:

> > The openSCAD Snap Version 2021.01.17 doesn't follow links in

> > /home/<user> on Manjaro.

> >

> > Who is responsible for the snap? Where should i report this bug?

>

> I'm not sure this is a bug. Snap packages are encapsulated

> by design which likely causes those links to point into

> places that are not visible to the application packaged.

>

> I need to check the documentation to find an official

> statement about handling of links.

>

> I suppose the OpenSCAD github repo would be the correct

> place to report or request things.

>

> ciao,

>   Torsten.

>

> _______________________________________________

> OpenSCAD mailing list

> [hidden email]

> http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org


Virus-free. www.avg.com

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
OpenSCAD Admin - email* me if you need anything, or if I've done something stupid...
* on the Forum, click on my MichaelAtOz label, there is a link to email me.

Unless specifically shown otherwise above, my contribution is in the Public Domain;
to the extent possible under law, I have waived all copyright and related or neighbouring rights to this work.
Obviously inclusion of works of previous authors is not included in the above.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Version 2021.01.17 (Snap) can't follow links

thehans
I interpreted that Peter was referring to something about symbolic links, but it could mean any number of other things, like the links to "include" or "use" files, or links from the Console or Error Log  warnings to the original source lines...

A more detailed description of the problem would certainly help.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 8:09 PM MichaelAtOz <[hidden email]> wrote:

Works for me.

I presume we're talking about Help/Documentation etc.

 

OpenSCAD Version: 2021.01.17

System information: Linux 4.9.0-12-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.210-1 (2020-01-20) x86_64 Ubuntu Core 16 8 CPUs 31.32 GB RAM

User Agent: OpenSCAD/2021.01.17 (Linux x86_64; Ubuntu Core 16)

Compiler: GCC "5.4.0 20160609" 64bit

MinGW build: No

Debug build: No

Boost version: 1_58

Eigen version: 3.2.92

CGAL version, kernels: 4.14.3, Cartesian<Gmpq>, Extended_cartesian<Gmpq>, Epeck

OpenCSG version: OpenCSG 1.4.2

Qt version: 5.5.1

QScintilla version: 2.9.1

InputDrivers:

GLib version: 2.48.2

lodepng version: 20180910

libzip version: 1.0.1

fontconfig version: 2.11.94

freetype version: 2.6.1

harfbuzz version: 1.0.1

cairo version: 1.14.6

lib3mf version: 1.8.1

Features: input-driver-dbus, lazy-union

Application Path: /snap/openscad-nightly/2346/usr/bin

 

> -----Original Message-----

> From: Discuss [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Torsten Paul

> Sent: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 04:13

> To: [hidden email]

> Subject: Re: [OpenSCAD] Version 2021.01.17 (Snap) can't follow links

>

> On 19.01.21 17:57, Peter Ragosch wrote:

> > The openSCAD Snap Version 2021.01.17 doesn't follow links in

> > /home/<user> on Manjaro.

> >

> > Who is responsible for the snap? Where should i report this bug?

>

> I'm not sure this is a bug. Snap packages are encapsulated

> by design which likely causes those links to point into

> places that are not visible to the application packaged.

>

> I need to check the documentation to find an official

> statement about handling of links.

>

> I suppose the OpenSCAD github repo would be the correct

> place to report or request things.

>

> ciao,

>   Torsten.

>

> _______________________________________________

> OpenSCAD mailing list

> [hidden email]

> http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org


Virus-free. www.avg.com
_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Version 2021.01.17 (Snap) can't follow links

Peter Ragosch
Well, Hans, you are right.

I mean symbolic links to folders that belong to me but are on other
partitions. The links were created in my $HOME like this one:

/home/peter#> ln -s /data/documents Documents

The attached picture shows the "Open File" dialog. Left of OpenSCAD
version 2019.05 (community) and right openscad-nightly 0 + git.2caad75
(snap).
The number of folders is lower on the right - all folders that should
be linked via a symbolic link are missing.

As an aside, links to the internet (help/documentation/etc.) work in
both versions.

Peter

Am Wed, 20 Jan 2021 02:37:17 -0600
schrieb Hans L <[hidden email]>:

> I interpreted that Peter was referring to something about symbolic
> links, but it could mean any number of other things, like the links to
> "include" or "use" files, or links from the Console or Error Log
> warnings to the original source lines...
>
> A more detailed description of the problem would certainly help.
>
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 8:09 PM MichaelAtOz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Works for me.
> >
> > I presume we're talking about Help/Documentation etc.
> >
> >
> >
> > OpenSCAD Version: 2021.01.17
> >
> > System information: Linux 4.9.0-12-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.210-1
> > (2020-01-20) x86_64 Ubuntu Core 16 8 CPUs 31.32 GB RAM
> >
> > User Agent: OpenSCAD/2021.01.17 (Linux x86_64; Ubuntu Core 16)
> >
> > Compiler: GCC "5.4.0 20160609" 64bit
> >
> > MinGW build: No
> >
> > Debug build: No
> >
> > Boost version: 1_58
> >
> > Eigen version: 3.2.92
> >
> > CGAL version, kernels: 4.14.3, Cartesian<Gmpq>,
> > Extended_cartesian<Gmpq>, Epeck
> >
> > OpenCSG version: OpenCSG 1.4.2
> >
> > Qt version: 5.5.1
> >
> > QScintilla version: 2.9.1
> >
> > InputDrivers:
> >
> > GLib version: 2.48.2
> >
> > lodepng version: 20180910
> >
> > libzip version: 1.0.1
> >
> > fontconfig version: 2.11.94
> >
> > freetype version: 2.6.1
> >
> > harfbuzz version: 1.0.1
> >
> > cairo version: 1.14.6
> >
> > lib3mf version: 1.8.1
> >
> > Features: input-driver-dbus, lazy-union
> >
> > Application Path: /snap/openscad-nightly/2346/usr/bin
> >
> >
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> >
> > > From: Discuss [mailto:[hidden email]] On
> > > Behalf Of
> > Torsten Paul
> >
> > > Sent: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 04:13
> >
> > > To: [hidden email]
> >
> > > Subject: Re: [OpenSCAD] Version 2021.01.17 (Snap) can't follow
> > > links
> >
> > >
> >
> > > On 19.01.21 17:57, Peter Ragosch wrote:
> >
> > > > The openSCAD Snap Version 2021.01.17 doesn't follow links in
> >
> > > > /home/<user> on Manjaro.
> >
> > > >
> >
> > > > Who is responsible for the snap? Where should i report this bug?
> >
> > >
> >
> > > I'm not sure this is a bug. Snap packages are encapsulated
> >
> > > by design which likely causes those links to point into
> >
> > > places that are not visible to the application packaged.
> >
> > >
> >
> > > I need to check the documentation to find an official
> >
> > > statement about handling of links.
> >
> > >
> >
> > > I suppose the OpenSCAD github repo would be the correct
> >
> > > place to report or request things.
> >
> > >
> >
> > > ciao,
> >
> > >   Torsten.
> >
> > >
> >
> > > _______________________________________________
> >
> > > OpenSCAD mailing list
> >
> > > [hidden email]
> >
> > > http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
> >
> >
> > <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
> > Virus-free. www.avg.com
> > <http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>
> > <#m_3049544508436542575_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
> > _______________________________________________
> > OpenSCAD mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org
> >

_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org

Screenshot_20210120_155011_Open_File_Dialog.png (257K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Version 2021.01.17 (Snap) can't follow links

doug.moen
A Snap application is sandboxed, and you can only access files in your home directory.
I have not found a way to override this behaviour, but if anyone else knows a workaround, please post.
I can't use the OpenSCAD snap due to this and other limitations.
However, the AppImage works just fine.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021, at 10:32 AM, Peter Ragosch wrote:
Well, Hans, you are right. 

I mean symbolic links to folders that belong to me but are on other
partitions. The links were created in my $HOME like this one:

/home/peter#> ln -s /data/documents Documents

The attached picture shows the "Open File" dialog. Left of OpenSCAD
version 2019.05 (community) and right openscad-nightly 0 + git.2caad75
(snap).
The number of folders is lower on the right - all folders that should
be linked via a symbolic link are missing.

As an aside, links to the internet (help/documentation/etc.) work in
both versions.

Peter

Am Wed, 20 Jan 2021 02:37:17 -0600
schrieb Hans L <[hidden email]>:

> I interpreted that Peter was referring to something about symbolic
> links, but it could mean any number of other things, like the links to
> "include" or "use" files, or links from the Console or Error Log
> warnings to the original source lines...

> A more detailed description of the problem would certainly help.

> On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 8:09 PM MichaelAtOz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

> > Works for me.
> >
> > I presume we're talking about Help/Documentation etc.
> >
> >
> >
> > OpenSCAD Version: 2021.01.17
> >
> > System information: Linux 4.9.0-12-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.210-1
> > (2020-01-20) x86_64 Ubuntu Core 16 8 CPUs 31.32 GB RAM
> >
> > User Agent: OpenSCAD/2021.01.17 (Linux x86_64; Ubuntu Core 16)
> >
> > Compiler: GCC "5.4.0 20160609" 64bit
> >
> > MinGW build: No
> >
> > Debug build: No
> >
> > Boost version: 1_58
> >
> > Eigen version: 3.2.92
> >
> > CGAL version, kernels: 4.14.3, Cartesian<Gmpq>,
> > Extended_cartesian<Gmpq>, Epeck
> >
> > OpenCSG version: OpenCSG 1.4.2
> >
> > Qt version: 5.5.1
> >
> > QScintilla version: 2.9.1
> >
> > InputDrivers:
> >
> > GLib version: 2.48.2
> >
> > lodepng version: 20180910
> >
> > libzip version: 1.0.1
> >
> > fontconfig version: 2.11.94
> >
> > freetype version: 2.6.1
> >
> > harfbuzz version: 1.0.1
> >
> > cairo version: 1.14.6
> >
> > lib3mf version: 1.8.1
> >
> > Features: input-driver-dbus, lazy-union
> >
> > Application Path: /snap/openscad-nightly/2346/usr/bin
> >
> >
> >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> >
> > > From: Discuss [mailto:[hidden email]] On
> > > Behalf Of
> > Torsten Paul
> >
> > > Sent: Wed, 20 Jan 2021 04:13
> >
> > > To: [hidden email]
> >
> > > Subject: Re: [OpenSCAD] Version 2021.01.17 (Snap) can't follow
> > > links
> >
> > >
> >
> > > On 19.01.21 17:57, Peter Ragosch wrote:
> >
> > > > The openSCAD Snap Version 2021.01.17 doesn't follow links in
> >
> > > > /home/<user> on Manjaro.
> >
> > > >
> >
> > > > Who is responsible for the snap? Where should i report this bug?
> >
> > >
> >
> > > I'm not sure this is a bug. Snap packages are encapsulated
> >
> > > by design which likely causes those links to point into
> >
> > > places that are not visible to the application packaged.
> >
> > >
> >
> > > I need to check the documentation to find an official
> >
> > > statement about handling of links.
> >
> > >
> >
> > > I suppose the OpenSCAD github repo would be the correct
> >
> > > place to report or request things.
> >
> > >
> >
> > > ciao,
> >
> > >   Torsten.
> >
> > >
> >
> > > _______________________________________________
> >
> > > OpenSCAD mailing list
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Virus-free. www.avg.com
> > <#m_3049544508436542575_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
> > _______________________________________________
> > OpenSCAD mailing list
> >


_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list


Attachments:
  • Screenshot_20210120_155011_Open_File_Dialog.png


_______________________________________________
OpenSCAD mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.openscad.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss_lists.openscad.org